Wednesday 28 June 2023

WOYWW


See below re photos above πŸ˜‚



 Hello all. I tried to visit as many as I could last week. It was a full on week. I had a hair appointment, dentist and treated myself to having nails done. Then on Saturday it was up to Yorkshire to celebrate our eldest grandson's 18th birthday. It was fabulous, weather was so good. He'd gone out on Thursday with his mum, dad and brother for dinner. On Friday, the actual day he went out with his friends. Saturday was family. I loved having both sons, their wives and all my grandchildren together. His other grandparents were there as well. His mum's sister and family were away in France, but I think they will get together later. It was so good for our grandsons that all GCSE'S and A levels were finished.

 We gave him some money and I bought 18 different bars of chocolate, put them into a box and made a wallet for his money. He was happy! πŸ˜€

It was all such fun and hard to come home and settle back into the usual routine. 

Have been back at my 'desk' prepping a kit and getting ready for my next class.



Not very interesting at the moment as I had tidied up prior to starting next projects.

Not best photo, but you get general idea. 



Present and money wallet.

A flavour of the day - sorry re all the photos Julia














One with his friends on Friday.






I had always wanted to recreate the photo we were given our 40th Anniversary of all four grandchildren. Finally did it! πŸ˜€  - see above -as the same as last week original and recreation at the top and I can't change them. 

The day before Harry's birthday we remembered my mum. Went with my brother to place flowers on the grave. Three years now since she died. I know she would have loved to have joined in the celebrations. 

Sorry for such a lengthy post. Hopefully back next week. 


14 comments:

  1. I loved sharing your day too! Especially the then/now pic of the four youngsters, what a great pic. I think your idea of the chocolate vars was great fun to accompany the birthday money - I’m so pleased that you had such a brilliant family time and your mum was there, smiling down at you for definite xxx
    Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab day you all had. Gorgeous photos, cake etc. Your card/ wallet etc is brilliant as is the idea of a 18 cnoc bar gift! x x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds and looks like a wonderful family day!! How the years do fly! Is he off to Uni? Good luck with the prepping, got to finish mine today. Have a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #12

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never apologise for too many photos - they are wonderful to see and provide a lovely memory for you to look back on.
    So glad you had a lovely time up north and the weather was at its best for your celebrations.
    Take care
    Hugs, Neet 10- xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful photos of your happy celebrations with your family...just the best.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post! So much happiness, loved it.
    The 'moving on' photos was brilliant, good of them to pose the same . . . history in the making.
    Thank you for sharing with us . . . .
    Christine #15

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous photographs. A lovely family celebration. Your card/wallet was great and 18 bars chocolate would make me very happy πŸ€—πŸ€—. Happy W. Angela #14

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great celebration! Happy woyww Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like Harry had a very happy birthday and had lots of family and friends to share it with. Nice gift container. Who doesn't love chocolate? And gift cards if you are a teen. Nicely done, too. Sorry to read about your mother. It seldom gets easier, just less painful. Happy WOYWW from #1.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Anne what a fabulous collection of photo memories for the birthday weekend. Love the then and now recreations too. Harry certainly had a great weekend. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great collection of photographs and sounds like you've been busy too. Sorry your mum couldn't be with you for the new photo but it was good that you could do it again. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the recreated photos, was doing just the same thing with cousins last weekend! So glad you've had a wonderful time. Love the pics of the boys with their Dad too, no doubt that the older they become, the more the genes are comparable! Good for you for getting back into it with class preps, I'm running late here and still havent been near my desk this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the before and after photos, defo a scrapbook page for me! Also love the 18 different bars of chocolate idea, maybe I could do that for my son's 25th in December although I'll probably forget by then LOL. Gorgeous card too and happy times, lovely memories made. Hugs BJ#13

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...