Wednesday 21 September 2022

WOYWW

 Didn't make it last week. 😕 How it goes. Only just made it this. 

Sorry Julia if my post is not in true spirit of WOYWW this week. 

I finished the cards I featured last time, the ladies loved their Strawberry ones. 

Like many I was so shocked to hear about the death of the Queen, I was more upset than I ever imagined I would be. Like many she was such a constant in my life and somehow I thought she would be there forever. Her death also made me think of recent losses. 

I watched the television avidly on Monday ( lots at other times) .

I held a class last Saturday. I did tell the ladies I was happy to postpone  but they all wanted to carry on. 

I had chosen to use a kit from SU. Part of the cost was donated, by SU to Food Scarcity charities. 

I also put out some of my stash, no longer needed and asked people to take what they wanted,  and if able to, make a small donation to Action For Medical Research. Our eldest  Matthew had taken part in an event to raise funds for the charity. He cycled 40 miles, canoed 2 miles on Derwent Water and then hiked up Skiddaw. It all had to be completed between dawn to Dusk. He and his team were successful and raised £4000. 

The research is all for babies  children and young people.

The ladies were very generous and donated £101  in total. 

Matthew's reward - he tested positive for covid the day afterwards! 

After crafting we had lunch. In memory of the Queen we had coronation chicken, some jam sandwiches,  cake and biscuits that the Queen liked. We also drank a toast to Her  and the New King. There were crowns and horses on the cakes. 

Everyone said that it was lovely to be together and talk about the Queen and memories we have.

So no desk, I'm sorry. I hope the photos are OK to share here.




The pretty crockery was mum's.  
The lady at the back is Thelma, she has just had her 87th birthday, loves papercrafting. 



Matthew
They did it! 


I am sorry Julia for the slightly off topic and lots of photos. 


10 comments:

  1. No apology necessary Anne, your post is lovely. I’m glad the ladies went ahead with your Saturday class, I think a lot of us could have used the opportunity to chat about the Queen and have a royal tea. And as you say, losing her has really stirred up the grief of other losses. Your son did a terrific thing, my word he must have been exhausted! What a lot of money they raised, I hope he’s not too poorly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What’s not to like? The ladies are crafting and enjoying a lovely tea; also raising a glass to our Majesty the Queen for one more time. Matt and the others did brilliantly. A big well done to them x Happy WOYWW. #18

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne, that looks like a lovely way to celebrate the life of our Queen. Sorry to hear Matthew getting Covid, it's still quite active even though some people think it's gone. We are still wearing masks when shopping to try and protect my mother but often we're the only ones who have them on now. Take care and have a very happy woyww, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to your Matthew , Anne ⭐ sending him get well wishes. Fabulous the amount that was raised including from your friends ❤ What a beautuful tea to pay tribute to the Quuen ... beautiful way to remember her ... loooving seeing all your photos 🥰 sending much love and hugs your way Tracy #15 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a feast you provided for your class and pleased they raised funds for your son's project, hope his Covid doesn't affect him too badly! thanks for your visit and sorry for the late return! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely way to celebrate the life of our Queen Elizabeth. I love the idea of the jam sandwiches and the horses on the cakes.
    So sorry to hear about your son having Covid, there still i a lot of it about, I just hope he has a mild version. Congrats on his achievement!
    Take care, Hugs, Neet 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely way to celebrate Her Majesty's life Anne - good to share all the stories too. Well done to Matthew and his team, hope he is feeling better soon. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anne. Fabulous effort by your son. Congratulations to him and his team. A lovely amount raised for the charity. Well done, too, on your craft class. Sounds like a great time together. And more funds raised for charity!! You have had a great week. trust your son isn't too ill with covid.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #5

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a marvellous way to celebrate the Queen’s life, she’d have loved it too! I love the fact you used your mum’s china as well, that must have made it special. Well done to Matthew too, what an achievement - congrats on the amount raised!
    I won’t be around for two weeks so see you very soon.
    Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we are all allowed to go off topic sometime and this last week or so has been quite momentous really. Lovely that you got to raise a toast with the ladies and raise money too. BJ#10

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...