Wednesday 7 September 2022

WOYWW

 The last two weeks have flown by. I did try to comment on every ones blog two weeks ago, Thanks for comments received.

I was missing last week - had to go to a very heart wrenching funeral last Tuesday. It was the daughter of a friend. Three years ago she had her hen do here. It was a Crafternoon Tea. She, her mum, sister and friends made flowers for the tables at her wedding reception. We then had a beautiful tea, sat outside. She married in the June and now just three years later she has gone. It was very tragic and we were devastated. I was physically and emotionally drained last Tuesday, which continued on Wednesday etc. 

The guinea pigs have returned home- have missed them. I have been crafting - getting ready for a class followed by lunch/afternoon tea in a couple of weeks. Have everything ready now, Hoping to start on Christmas makes - well have a little already. 

My desk looks  tidy as I had to sort it out - had to start on cards I need for family and it was a mess. 

Now to try and add photos.


A  card for our eldest son and D.I.L.
I have the Christmas Mug out lol
Can you guess why the mini terracotta pot is there? 😀

A card for Sarah ( youngest son's wife)
As part of next class I have given the ladies the materials to make the three cards above. 
Well I think that's all for this week. Hope to be back here next time. 





9 comments:

  1. So very sorry to hear about that young lady. What a terrible thing to happen, the whole family must be devastated and you as well with knowing her and being such a big part of her wedding prep. Really sorry.
    Lovely cards, especially the one for your DIL, I love the clear vase. Are they SU?
    Just hope you feel a bit better soon but i suspect you will keep having your moments for a while;e yet. Thinking of you and sending gentle hugs.
    Neet 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so sad when young people die, it always seems so unfair that they have not had a good run at life. I lost my father during the start of covid and it was very sad but he was 94 and had a good long life. Loving the cards and hope the class goes well. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awful about your friend's daughter. I'm so sorry .
    The cards are pretty take care xx Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne. Oh my word - how hard to attend the funeral of someone so young. I trust you have found some peace amidst the storm.
    Great cards - your family will love them. I like the bits and pieces ready for your next class. I was only thinking this morning about the potential of a Christmas Crafternoon!! We were trying to decide what we could do that was different. made silk paper last time... follow that, as they say!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #11

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anne, I am so sorry for your loss. My sympathies to the family. I have no idea about the terracotta pot, unless it is to draw circles. Lovely cards. Happy WOYWW. Angela #16

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about such a loss Anne and too soon! Love the card with the flower in a vase! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Anne, how terribly sad about that young woman, her poor family and friends - sending you hugs. You gave her a wonderful experience with her hen do and that’s the thing to bear in mind. I love the card you’ve made for your DiL, so pretty and I’m the ladies will love their kits too.
    Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to read of the loss of your friend's daughter. My thoughts are with you and her family...
    Love the jar card!
    Happy WOYWW! Susan #7

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear of your friend's daughter's passing and on top of that now the queen, what a time! Super cards. Sofas, chair & footstool finally came, so much better for our ageing backs. BJ#5

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...