Wednesday 17 March 2021

WOYWW

 Here we are, Wednesday again. 

Firstly thank you for the lovely comments and compliments last week. I thought I had made return visits to all but now not sure. Many apologies if I didn't and I will visit this week.


So to answer one question from last week - the kitchen where my grandsons were photographed is at their home, it is not my kitchen, I wish:-) It is very lovely, the doors are along the whole of the kitchen. The garden slopes down and there is a stone wall at the bottom and a stream on the other side. On the other side of the stream is a wood. They live in a village in Yorkshire. and are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful area.

Secondly I said that people had been popping by. I don't want anyone to think I broke rules :-) they came up the drive, stood a way off and that has been the extent of visits. 

 The weekend was difficult at times as Friday was the  anniversary of my brother's death, it was a long time ago now, he was 10 and I was 11 but it was particularly upsetting because I always rang mum on the 12th March as I knew she would be so sad, of course this year she is no longer here. Mothering Sunday was difficult at times being the first one without her. So strange to have not made a card. However both sons spoiled me. I talked to Matthew and received beautiful flowers from them. Jonathan, who lives around the corner called with his wife and our granddaughters. A lovely gift, flowers and a card. Another doorstep Mothering Sunday. Jonathan then offered to take me to the cemetery. Graham was going to but as he felt a little under the weather I accepted. Jonathan said he wanted to go there and it gave him a little time with me. I sat in the back of his car and we wore masks. We have both been vaccinated now and Jonathan and his wife have worked from home since last March. So I felt reasonably safe. We met up with my brother and his wife , they had organised the flowers as they go shopping. I haven't been since before Christmas except into a garden centre two weeks ago. May venture out now but not on any grand scale, I am still very wary. 

All grandchildren returned to school and are trying to settle down to it. Harry has lots of tests as he should have been doing GCSE'S so lots of testing to aid with assessments for grades. His school don't have 6th Form. He will go on to a college so also has interviews to contend with, online. It is all so different to what we thought just over a year ago.

I have not been crafting a lot. Trying to sort out my craft stuff and rest of the house. 

I have had to make two  sympathy cards though. 

Our neighbour died ( not Covid related) he was in hospital. His wife was allowed to visit to say goodbye, he was not able to fight an infection , had health issues but it was unexpected. L

Today a friend had to have her greyhound put to sleep. All happened quickly. His leg was not right, had xray and it was bone cancer. She made the painful decision to let him go, he was in a lot of pain. 

So to my desk - not a lot of interest , just as I left it after finishing the above mentioned cards.






Flowers for mum

Flowers in situ


Eldest granddaughter,  Ella

Phoebe

So that is this week's woyww and my news. I hope to be watching Shaz's funeral on Friday.  (Graham has another in the afternoon. An ex colleague. ) 
Hope you all have a good week. Stay safe. I will endeavour to visit more desks this week. 


13 comments:

  1. You’ve had a sad old time this week Anne, the cards are lovely and we miss people and pets when they go. I liked the painted stones on your mums grave, that’s a lovely touch.
    Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards and flowers Anne. Anniversaries are always so difficult aren't they and you seem to have had so much sadness to deal with. Keep strong - your lovely family will be a huge help. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been a hard weekend. The sympathy card is spot on. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne. Yes, Mothering Sunday was a little unusual, wasn't it - in so many ways. I had a zoom call with both my daughters and we played Boggle. They had sent me cards and presents which were lovely to receive. But I didn't manage to get to church last week - however, I am booked in for this coming Sunday - first time since the middle of December. It will be good to see folks - not that we are allowed to mingle after the service in the car park or chat in the building or anything. But it will be good to go to worship.
    Two very smart looking grand daughters there in their uniforms. Must feel really good to be back with their friends, but a bit strange as well. Hope all the tests, and assessments go well. I have 2 in their A level year and 1 in GCSE year - so they too, have been up to their eyes in tests.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. All those first days are so hard. Sending you lots of hugs and love. The flowers are beautiful and the photos of your granddaughters are lovely. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#12)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a week you've had - anniversaries like that are hard to bear, especially in the early years although losing your brother so young is tragic. Love the flowers, and I am glad you were spoiled for the day! Take care, Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO glad you were able to speak to/see your boys at the weekend Anne. Those firsts are so difficult. Hope all your grandson's assessments go well. Stay safe. Saarh #6

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Anne, you have had a hard week with all that sorrow around you, hope this next week is bright and cheerful for you. Just focus on those grandees of yours, the two girls look very smart in their uniforms.
    The house in Yorkshire sounds idyllic, no hardship to live somewhere like that and be isolated I bet. It must be a treat to go up there and visit.
    Hopefully not too long before we can all visit together again.
    Hugs, Neet 15 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anniversaries are always difficult, I have found myself missing my mother such a lot and it is probably connected to it being Mother’s Day time. Bathe flowers and the cards are beautiful. Take care Angela #17

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you enjoyed time with your son's and the flowers for your mom are beautiful. Your granddaughters are really sweet ~ Enjoy your week! Love, Karen #29

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you got spoiled by your two sons on Mother's Day. Ours is in May. Your cards turned out beautiful.. what a great skill to have. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A sad post from you this week, Anne - how dreadful to have lost your brother like that. I am glad, however, that the family have all rallied round and blessed you with cards and flowers and the flowers for your mum are absolutely beautiful. Thinking of you at this sad time.

    Very belated WOYWW wishes this week I'm afraid - time seems to have run away with me somewhat, and I've been quite busy.
    Shoshi x #20

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your return visit, Anne, and for your nice comments - no need to apologise for being late - any time before 12 midnight the day before the next WOYWW is on time in my book! I can never get round everybody on a Wednesday anyway.

    Shoshi x #20

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...