Wednesday 30 December 2020

WOYWW ( fingers crossed and other happenings)

 Hello all. I tried to connect to wish you all a Happy Christmas but could not link. I hope to this week by switching to Mobile Data on my phone and then going outside to link  lol - we will see.

So I didn't get everything done that I thought I needed to but guess what it really didn't matter :-)

On Christmas Eve I met my brother and S.I.L. at the cemetery and we put wreaths on Mum,Dad and my brother's grave and on my Grandparents and Uncle's grave. It was bitterly cold there so didn't stay too long but it was good to see my brother. 

On Christmas morning we went on a socially distanced walk with younger son and his family. Later in the day we all linked up via WhatsApp other son , other than  we were on our own. It was the sensible decision but 

 it was hard and very strange.

Boxing day was quiet though the lads did check on us. 

Last night we all caught up via zoom and had a quiz. 

Today ( Monday) I tried to tidy the tip that is the dining room. We didn't need to use it this year so I had not cleared it after Christmas Crafting etc.

Excitement since then was the snow! Pretty and magical.

We did not need to go out in it though . Our grandchildren have had lots of fun. 


Yesterday Tuesday - more snow and youngest brought us some shopping round. 

Covid cases continue to soar and I try not to worry about my eldest and the effect it is having on him and his colleagues in the NHS. 

However I count my blessings and try to remain positive.

Just want to wish everyone a Happy New Year - let us hope it is. 

Just few bits to go through and then I hope to feel like crafting. Take care and stay safe.





14 comments:

  1. Just popped in to wish you a happy New Year - let's hope things improve rapidly now. My heart goes out to all those trying to cope in the NHS. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad you had a good, if different, Christmas and would like to wish you, Graham and the family a very happy New Year. Let’s hope it’s kinder to us all.
    I have linked you up on WOYWW, I’m happy to do this each week for you if you let me know when you’ve posted, it’s no problem
    Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps You’re no 40 on the Linky list

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you - glad your Christmas was ok, if different Hope you get some crafting time soon. take care and stay safe. Wishing you a happy healthy new year. Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so lucky to have some pretty snow! Not one flake here in our part of Oregon so far. I hope we get some in the new year. It looks as if your sons are taking good care of you. Here's to a...

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
    *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a chance to get together (even if in a different way) with family over Christmas Anne. My Dad and sister (GP) have already had their first vaccine injection but Mum isn't quite old enough for the first wave. I will be glad when they are properly sorted. Stay safe, happy WOYWW and Happy New Year. Sarah #9

    ReplyDelete
  7. I give thanks every day to those helping take care & keeping us safe in every way. As a carer myself I know this year has been exhausting. Wishing you all the best for 2021 may it shine a light on us all.
    Happy WoywW Tracey #7 stay safe x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope to hear that your son and his colleagues are vaccinated, protected and getting a fat pay rise. Yep, Christmas was quiet wasn’t it, but as long as you stayed safe , everything else can be made up at another time. Roll on spring, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really has been a quiet and strange Christmas. I'm glad you managed to see some family. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. Praying for a happy and blessed New Year for you and yours. With love & God Bless. Caro x (#16)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just to wish you a happy New Year and that we all fare better than in the last...
    Happy WOYWW!
    Stay safe and keep well!
    Update on here in Victoria – after more than two months with no Covid cases we now have a handful again…
    Susan #15
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!


    ReplyDelete
  11. We haven’t had any snow 😟. I got quite excited this morning as there were a few flakes coming down, but it turned to rain. My son asked if we could move house because we always seem to miss the snow here (North Wales). I do hope all medical staff get the vaccine before the rest of us, they are the ones coping with it all. Wishing you a happy and healthy new year Angela #14

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you were able to get together with family over Christmas, Anne, even if it did involve some sad things. Our Christmas was incredibly quiet - just us 2 and the kitties and a nut roast!

    Happy belated WOYWW and happy New Year,
    Shoshi #25

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year!

    May 2021 be a year of incredible joy!

    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, #1

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 2021! I a bit late for last weeks woyww...but early for this weeks! We had Christmas lunch with SIL. Kiddies were coming on the boxing day, but couldn't. It's really been a strange year. Keep safe...'see you later to day I guess! Happy very late woyww
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...