Tuesday 19 March 2019

WOYWW 511

What is happening to the weeks? Another one that flew by!!!
My lovely lady came to Card and a Cuppa. She said she'd thought she might not make it but the wind was not quite as bad as expected and I took her home.I said I hope you enjoyed it, she said I always do and giggled. It was quite heartwarming.

I had my monthly class on Saturday. Had a lovely time. Six ladies came along and two more asked for a kit as they couldn't make it. We made cards suitable for men!

Today I have been changing things around a bit. Also sorting out my scraps - I find it difficult throwing anything away :-)

So two desks - my actual desk which is very small and my dining table where I usually craft.


This was a washstand - quite old. I bought it off someone who found it very damaged and restored it - put leather on the top. I also bought the chair from him as I really liked both items.I am playing with Easter/Gift baskets for a Craft Fair I may/may not do.


Usual space with card waiting to be sorted and put away.

The cards and small gift we made on Saturday



I had bought some different chocolate for the box but it didn't fit :-) we will have to eat it now!

And finally - please be gentle - my granddaughter likes us to craft together. She bought some mini canvases and watercolours with her pocket money. She has been using watercolours at school, she really is interested in her Art lessons. So we have had a go. I am not naturally arty - can make cards and other paper craft but am not a natural - so am being very brave sharing what I had a play at!

I thought I had Ella's as well. I will get for next time to show you. I love what she did.

Well that's it folk!




17 comments:

  1. I think you are so sweet to do the Card & Cuppa with the one lady, I'm sure it means a lot to her. Your other class seems very successful and I think the men's cards are perfect. Enjoy the first day of Spring tomorrow!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards as always and the painting is really lovely....me thinks you may have hidden talents :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x #13

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne, great job on the canvas. Love the cards too. I always have so many scraps, and they never seem to be the right size or colour when I try to use them! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #10 X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh don't talk to me about craft scraps, the whole room is overflowing with them. Will I ever get round to using them? Hmmmm. When I do rummage through I find every piece is about a cm too small for what I need. Love your men's cards - I'm guessing the egg is a novelty chocolate? Your watercolour branch is beautiful - you nailed it. Would Love to see Ella's. Happy WOYWW, Cindy #15

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creations here this morning! Hope you have a great rest of the week! Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your men's cards are fab, I love the car stamp what a great image - men are always to difficult to make for I find. The canvas is beautiful - I love the sunset colours against the silhoutte - it really pops.
    Hope you have a great week,
    Diana x #17

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the cards. Never seen the fried egg chocolate before, what a great gift. The canvas is a beauty, anyone would love to hang that on their wall. Have a lovely week and a happy woyww, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The canvas looks great Anne. So glad your lady made it last week despite the bad weather. Fab men's cards too! Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad your Card and Cuppa lady enjoyed herself. Love your painting- that looks fabulous. keep it up! Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards and gorgeous artwork - love the colour scheme. Thanks for sharing. Take care and have a lovely week. With love & God Bless. Caro x (#30)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards and such a fab painting - I wish I could dabble so effectively - lovely to work with the young ones and develop their love of art too. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't intend to "be gentle" because I really love that canvas. Beautiful and needs to be framed and hung proudly on the wall. xx Maggie #19

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having just read your comment on my blog. I am only just down the road from the NEC myself, in Redditch. xxx Maggie #19

      Delete
    2. Hi Maggie I am not far from Junction 7 of M6 at Great Barr! Though I get train from local station to New Street and then train to NEC when I go.

      Delete
  13. Love your male cards, how clever are they? Well done, thanks for sharing them. And love that your single lady enjoys her crafty time with you. Heartwarming indeed.
    Hugs Shaz in Oz.x #15

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Must have been nice to take your lady home and hear what she had to say.
    Love the various cards you have made at your Saturday class - the egg makes me smile each time I see it.
    You did well with your painting - you must be pleased - look forward to seeing uyour grand daughters.
    Hugs, Neet 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks amazing. Thanks for sharing your work with us.
    Diamond Art Kits

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...