Wednesday 10 April 2019

WOYWW 514

Good Morning All!
Sorry I was missing in action last week! Missed you all. Last Monday 1st April was my birthday and we went out to a Garden Centre - I know how to live :-) DH was going to buy me a statue for the garden. It was a lovely day weather wise, we mooched ( there was a Hobbycraft and Lakeland there as well. Had lunch and a stroll round the Riverside Garden and lunch. I didn't get my statue but a few other bits came my way.

On our return our son, his wife and granddaughters popped in with pressies.
Celebrations had begun on the Friday - out for lunch, then on Saturday evening out for a meal with already mentioned son and family :-) back to theirs for cake! On the Sunday we had a quiet day but DH cooked steak and trimmings - yummy.

Unfortunately after celebrations were over we  both succumbed to the mother of all colds! I was also finishing makes for the Craft Fair!!!! DH worse at first. I struggled through the Craft Fair but after that I really got it full force and still feel rough. Not so good when due to go to Stampin Up event on Friday and a friend is coming here on Sat evening before she returns to Billericay. I am praying I will feel much improved by Friday. I have been struggling to finish some gifts and table favours for the SU event- I don't do general swaps now.

I didn't think I would make it on here again this morning but DH up early as the car has to go in! So I was up early! When I finally came round as it were after tea and paracetamol I decided to photograph my work space and share.


As you can see very tidy. Last night I made the effort to clear up - as all being well the friend I mentioned may play on Sunday morning before she sets off home :-)

Below a 'before shot 'of part of the room :-)




Why not join in the great sharing of desks around the world - started by the fab Julia at The Stamping Ground and show us your desk. I will visit all who visit me , end with same number as me and as many more as I can!!!


So I mentioned the Craft Fair - it was ok. Not enough done to promote it etc. I sold some but it really is not worth the time and effort. There was no heating either so I don't think that helped DH and I re colds. I was told there will be another in July but I won't be going!!! Might consider Christmas but we will see.

Our WI started a Craft Group - had first meeting a couple of weeks ago - I tried Iris folding - not done that before - I also showed someone how to make a bag - very, very simple that we are going to give out to promote being environmentally aware and not use plastic bags, More later.



a quick shot of my table - I did iron the cloth - it looks awful on here, went without the one for over it.







Birthday flowers from DH - they still look gorgeous. It was like a flower shop here as I had some from both sons and families. Get to celebrate with eldest son and family at end of month. I'm spreading out my birthday :-)


Won't bore you with more photos. See you next time. x

14 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday. I love birthdays that last weeks so hope you enjoy your celebrations. Your craft stall looked fab. I've stopped doing them now....too much effort for little payback.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne, I recognise the description of Webbs, lol. Love that place,I must admit. The lack of publicity always seems to be the main complaint about craft fairs, I've noticed often. Great selection you had though. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of a better way to celebrate your birthday - what a lovely day! Such a shame about your colds though, I hope you're feeling a bit better now. Craft fairs are hard work, that's why I gave up doing them in the end. Your stuff is so lovely, it deserves better exposure than that.
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday and so sorry to hear you have a cold, I hope you feel better soon! Art fairs hardly ever bring what 'they promise' and it's always a lot of work to prepare for it... I did it twice a couple of years ago but decided to never do it again... visiting, maybe, but not having my own art there anymore. It's just not worth the stress! Happy woyww and a big hug from Holland. Marit #17

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pleased you had a nice birthday but sorry to hear about the cold, they seem to have been doing the rounds. Sounds like you've been busy. Sorry to hear the craft fair didn't go too well, maybe Christmas is a better time. Happy creative woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne. My word - you are certainly having a lot of celebrations for your birthday! Good for you!!! Hope your colds have disappeared soon. Your stall looks great - just a pity there wasn't a huge footfall- how often that is the case with these events! It's so sad, because they usually have some great items and people there.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not bored with the photos at all. Belated Happy Birthday, by the way. Sounds as though you had a good time. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter) #27

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated happy birthday Anne, I hope you are feeling a little better. Your birthday flowers look lovely. Hope you do manage some crafting with your friend before she leaves. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry you've both been so poorly! and also that the craft fair was disappointing, after all your hard work! Hope your weekend coming is much better. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh I'm sorry you both got a cold.. ugh.. and sorry your fair wasn't busy and you had low sales. I can so relate to that.. I finally gave up on them. Your table and items looked very nice, though! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear you and DH have been suffering with a cold, how horrid on your Birthday too :( I hope you will both be feeling better very soon & you can enjoy your Birthday all over again. Such a shame about the Craft Fair but I hope you have fun creating with your friend this weekend. Happy WoywW Tracey (5)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anne, Glad you have had such a lovely extended birthday.

    Your craft fair items are fab. What a shame they didn't promote the event better.

    Sending heaps of positive healing thoughts to both of you.

    Have a lovely time with your friend.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #13

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belatedly, Happy Birthday, Anne! πŸŽΆπŸ’žπŸŒ·πŸ’žπŸŽΆ You and DH are regularly in my prayers for blessings, and I hope you rapidly heal from your colds. The one fair I did I did not sell anything, but traded items with a couple of people.😊 I admire your creativity even if you did not have the sales you hoped for. πŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anne I’m late I read this earlier but couldn’t recall if commenting had occurred... nothing Dory like there ?! Eh!? Love your flowers and desky space always looks so roomy and inviting. Simply stunning makes, sorry craft store didn’t do better.
    Happy belated WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x #15

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...