Wednesday 6 September 2023

WOYWW

 Sorry I've not been here for a while and for this sad post. 

I think I wrote last time that things had changed. I had been going to write about the Retreat Weekend I was due to go on with a friend from Billericay. 

My friend was due to arrive here on 4th August, stop until 7th. We were going to Craft event on Sat and Sunday. Our D.I.L. was due to visit on the Sat to take our grandson to run in a half marathon nearby.

On 27th July, Carolynn's ( D.I.L.) birthday, her mum had a terrible stroke, Carolynn didn't know about it until early hours of Friday. After that it's a very long and sad story. 

I cancelled going to the Retreat and my friend's visit. Our son brought grandson down. It was his 16th birthday on 4th August, his mum had to go back up to her family in Scarborough after he opened his presents. So Matthew brought him here on the Saturday, and we spoiled him. 

He came third in the marathon, bless him. 

Sadly Carolynn's mum didn't make it. 😢 

I'm sure the above is a bit muddled, might not make sense :-( .

There's a lot more detail of course but won't say more. 

We are devastated. 

The funeral was very emotional but a lovely celebration of her life. 

 I have the stuff from the Retreat but haven't been able to do any yet.

Our youngest son and family were away ( remember the guinea pigs) we had to keep the news from them until their return. 

We had all been together for Harry's birthday on 24th June, just hard to believe that she's gone. 

I shall miss our get togethers and chatting about our shared grandsons. We were very close, she was a good friend.

Carolynn's father is of course struggling 😪  - sadly Carolynn's sister lives further away than Carolynn. They are doing their best though to look after him. We hope to see him again before too long. 


Anyway, not much on my table. It is back in its normal place but not fully extended yet.


All ready for action.

These bags contain everything from the Retreat, all  still waiting to be made. 

Hope to be back next week. Take care all.

9 comments:

  1. SO sad and so sorry for your loss. What a sad thing. At least you were able to spoil your grandson. The retreat would have been nice, but family is more important than anything. Give Carolynn my sincere sympathy. Happy WOYWW from # 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anne I know exactly what your family is going through. Sending hugs and prayers to all. Keep looking after each other as you are. Sarah #8

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sad time for you. So sorry to hear your news. Hugs. x x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm running very late today but at least I've made it :-)
    So very sorry to read your news Anne. Sending you all much love during this sad time.
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 11

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sad news, my sympathies to you and the family. Hugs Angela #3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Anne, I am hugging you fiercely. Such a loss for you. My deepest sympathies. My heart goes out to everyone she touched.
    On a happier note, Congratulations to your grandson for coming in 3rd! That is fabulous.
    I look forward to seeing what you make with the retreat goodies. Creative Blessings & Hugs! ~Kelly #19

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Anne, so sorry to hear your sad news, condolences to all the family. As I get older I become more and more conscious that we never really know what's around the corner and that time with friends and family are so very precious. I don't think it is possible to spoil your grandson at a time like this. It also sounds like the whole thing has been quite stressful for you, I do hope your are able to get to your retreat stash soon. Sending extra big hugs. Cindy xx #17

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bright blessings and condolences to you and all who suffered this loss. Make time to grieve... and celebrate life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear your sad news, thinking of you all. Hugs BJ#6

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...