Wednesday 12 May 2021

WOYWW

 I did write a post for last week and then didnt get around to posting it. 


This was part of it 

You were very kind re the garden, it is my front garden, which is probably slightly larger than the back! 

We celebrated Jonathan's birthday on 28th, suitably distanced in Jonathan's garden in the gazebo! There was cake! :-) 

On 30th it was Graham's birthday, more cake lol. 

We started the day with a visit to the dentist! We know how to celebrate!!! G needs a filling and I need a crown :-( 

 On Saturday Jonathan did a BBQ to celebrate both birthdays. Lots of fun. 

Sunday was quiet with a little crafting.

Monday weather so dreadful!

I started the day by making soup and a cake. In the afternoon more crafting :-) 

Yesterday was breadmaking,  a visit to the hairdresser - hurray - I have gone quite short again, it felt very liberating! Afterwards I visited an elderly friend, soon to be 87 but young in outlook, more cake and tea. She also wanted to order some  craft items.

Last Friday I met up with three friends for a walk in the arboretum and went to view a possible venue for face to face classes. 

Since then I heard of the death of another lovely blog friend ( see previous post) I am heartbroken at losing her and also for her family.

Yesterday ( Monday)  I attended  a funeral online, and today went to  another funeral. So all in all a very sad week. It also made me think that life is so fleeting really and you can be here one minute and gone next. 

I have been crafting, some smaller kits for my ladies, might possibly be the last ones by post if I'm able to resume face to face classes. 

There have been a lot of butterflies floating around. :-) 




I will showed completed project next time.


Card for DH - to match the shirt I bought him 🙂

Below a card for a friend. 


Hopefully I will link correctly this time. last time something went wrong, thanks Julia for sorting it out. I will be back to comment when I get back from the dentist after prep work for a crown. :-( 





 


6 comments:

  1. Lovely cards - great idea to match one to the shirt! xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about all the sadness this week after all the joy of seeing family and birthdays. Life seems to be so full of ups and downs at the moment. Holding you and yours and in my heart. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless,
    Caro xxxx (#19)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m rather late in the day joining in the fun this week. I’ve been head down all day making two very special little bears full of emotions but am thrilled with the results so it’s been very rewarding ( I may share next week).
    Sorry to hear you’ve been having such a sad time. Life is so precious isn’t it?
    Hugs,
    Annie x #8

    ReplyDelete
  4. well I found you - your link seems to be missing the "m" on the .com, when it tries to find you- no idea why... anyhow, what a very sad week you've had. I hope next week is happier. Love the card. Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just to let you know that the last letter of your link is missing on Mr Linky Anne so it comes up as server not found when you click on it on WOYWW. Sorry you have had such a sad week but glad you were able to visit the hairdresser at least. Hope you find a location for face to face classes again. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne, your link has the “m” missing so the page won’t open. I am sure I am not the first to tell you so apologies if I am just echoing others. You have my sympathies about your online friend and for people the funerals were for. I like the way your card for your husband goes with his shirt ( just the shirt I would buy for my husband!). Lovely butterflies. But did you have to poke all those little pieces out? Angela #10

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...