Wednesday 31 March 2021

WOYWW

 Hello all. Thank you for all the lovely comments last week. 

Today is a quite a special  day for me, the eve of a special birthday, a new decade :-) . How on earth did that happen I ask myself. However it's better than the alternative 😉

There had been secret plans for special celebrations, set up before the pandemic. However these are obviously not going to happen. They are being kept secret still, just in case at some time in the future we can still celebrate.

There are new plans, breaking no rules, that I will report on next week. I just wish that this beautiful weather was going to stay for tomorrow and Friday. Still I must just be grateful for what we can do, so different to last year! I am very excited.

I will report back next week! :😀

Graham had his second jab yesterday, absolutely no side effects this time, Hope I get mine soon. Hoping side effects not as bad as last time, but in my book worth it and better than being on ventilator or worse.

I have tidied away a lot of 'stuff ' from my workspace, so nothing really to see.

Easter cards are sent. 

There were three designs.






Some small gifts completed.


I also completed cards for Hug a Hospital appeal. They are to thank nurses and I think started by a Consultant.




Finally for this week 

My D.L.L. sent me this

Hello All, would you like to take part in a big art project?


I'm making a "covid quilt" and would like you to make a square for it. 


The square can be made of any fabric, knitted, crochet, felted, sewed, appliqué etc but must be personal to you and your experiences with covid/ lockdown/ the strange times we are currently in.


Your square needs to be 30cm by 30cm so it can be sewed together to make a big quilt to be displayed at Dean Clough Gallery in Halifax 


There are no age restrictions so this could be a family activity. The idea is to be mindful and to just take some time out of our busy lives to be restful and craft.


I thought I will have a go. Had great ideas in my head! Left it late to complete.

So a very very amateurish effort! Apologies to those of you who produce amazing creations in textiles. I had intended sewing everything but had to resort to using some glue. Despite everything I did enjoy doing something different. Please be kind lol 


So I think that is it for this week. I will be round to visit but it may take a little while. I hope that you all enjoy a very happy and peaceful Easter. 




13 comments:

  1. Super cards Anne, I've still not made any Easter ones this year, oopsey. Love your quilt design it is so colourful, all the rainbows, love it. I've still not been brave enough for the vaccination, more scared of nausea/sickness to be honest, we'll see. BJ#13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your special day is wonderful even if not quite as you planned! You've made some gorgeous cards and the square for the covid quilt is lovely! Helen #10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Big Birthday for tomorrow Anne!! I hope you have the most marvellous day celebrating with the family. I think your quilt square is fantastic and well worthy of a place in the main quilt. Your Easter cards are lovely too, all different but all fab.
    Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another birthday is definitely something to celebrate so here’s wishing you a wonderful day however you spend it. I love your Easter cards and your square for the quilt is really lovely.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #14

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday for tomorrow. I hope the sunshines for you x. Your quilt piece is amazing and you have made some lovely Easter cards. Happy WOYWW and Happy Easter Angela #5

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the cards and happy birthday for tomorrow. We are awaiting our second vaccine too, pleased Graham's had his. Lets hope the weather man is wrong this time. Have a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x21x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Anne! Love your contribution for the quilt, much better than anything I could come up with. Some great cards too. Hope you can get a belated celebration safely soon. Stay safe and happy WOYWW> Sarah #9

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very happy birthday to you, Anne! I know exactly what you mean about the "how on earth did that happen" - I often wonder that about myself! I hope you are able to celebrate in a special way today. Your Easter cards and quilt square are lovely.

    Thank you for your comment and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to my blog this week, especially liking the progress on the cat blanket! It has been a really fun project all the way through and I shall probably feel quite sad once it's finished.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #20

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Anne, I did not read this until Thursday and it is your big day today. I do hope you are having a lovely morning and there has been lots of love floating around you. May it continue all day long. Happy Birthday Dear Anne.
    Your Easter cards are lovely and the gifts are very special indeed. Likewise the lovely NHS cards you made.
    The square you made for the covid blanket is perfect. I would never have thought of using scrabble type words like that - absolutely brilliant! And so colourful too.
    All that remains is to say once more
    Happy Birthday Dear Anne, Lots of Hugs, Neet xx 12

    ReplyDelete
  10. Firstly HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TODAY!! There are perks to being late and that is I get to wish you well on your actual birthday. LOVE that quilt square and the chickie card particularly. I've heard that people tend to have a reaction with the first jab with Astrazenica and with the second with Pfizer but of course it differs for different people. Stay safe and keeping smiling, Lisa-Jane #3

    ReplyDelete
  11. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* Anne! Your quilt square is quite the masterpiece! Love all your Easter cards, too. Lucky recipients.

    ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤•.❀ Happy Easter! ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤•.❀

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Anne, I didn't realise it was a special birthday! That really sucks! Still at some point we are going to be able to catch up with all these deferred celebrations I hope. Gorgeous Easter projects and I love your quilt sqaure too, what a lovely idea. Happy Easter! Have a good week, stay well, stay safe, love n hugs Cindy xx #23

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you had a lovely birthday - it is mine tomorrow but a year to go before another zero!
    Your cards are lovely and that's a super quilt square!
    Sorry I am late visiting.
    Happy WOYWW and happy Easter!
    Susan #18

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...