Tuesday 24 November 2020

WOYWW

Hi all. another week gone by. Despite everything the weeks fly by. 

Thank you for all the lovely comments last week. I think I visited everyone who visited me. 

Still ploughing through lots of stuff trying to declutter. I find it hard to get rid of things lol Getting there - sorted out a lot of craft stuff and gave away. It did feel good.

I have done a few more squares but not as many as I would have wished. Never mind I'm not stressing. I am even contemplating starting something else as well - it will mean sending for more yarn even though I need more like a hole in the head!!!

On Sunday younger son suggested a walk. So we all went through a nearby wood and then through what were the grounds of a hospital. It was a Psychiatric Hospital . It had been built in the grounds of Great Barr Hall - sadly allowed to fall down. It is fenced off now and people have been dumping rubbish there, Some of the grounds have been sold and there is a housing estate at the other end, 

I walked too far, I didn't want to be a party pooper so kept on going. In the end I stopped and Phoebe, youngest granddaughter stayed with me while the others continued. I have suffered since the walk - especially my hip. I should have known better but it was so good to be outdoors and with the family ( socially distanced of course)



In the woods.



Here is Phoebe and you can see the disgusting rubbish and behind the fencing the sad remains of the Hall.

This is what the hall looked like in 1907. So sad. 




There are several Lodges that were part of the estate. The one below is near where I live and we enter the woods here. 

The lodge is privately owned now. Also been painted over :-( 


On the way back there were two girls having a problem with one of their horses. The other was a big one and he didn't want to go to the other side of the pathway. The one below had gone happily. So Sarah held onto the smaller while Jonathan helped the girls coax the other one through. 




I have not done any paper crafting - I need to get a move on as I need a few more cards yet. 


There is a packet with some pieces to make some cards, the knitting pattern I came across and am tempted to try. I need some chunky yarn for it.



Two lists peeking out here and a mini cutter I found from a bag I had been going through. 


All for now. Back tomorrow to visit as many desks as I can. 





 

18 comments:

  1. hope your hip feels better soon, but what a fab place to walk! I've loads more cards to make yet. take care, stay safe.. helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got out for a walk with the family, I hope your injury heals quickly. I've been dealing with a strained back muscle. Slow to heal. Do take care and be safe. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought there was no such thing as too much yarn, card etc. Anne lol. Hope you recover from your walk soon. What a shame such an elegant building is such a mess now. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to be out with the fam, am not suprised you over did it. Hope it hasn’t taken too many days to put your hip right. That was a significant Hall and grounds wasn’t it, what a loss. There’s a place in Basingstoke with a similar story, now a golf course and large housing estate. I regret that as bin collections and tips become more difficult to access, there’s going to be even more fly tipping. It is revolting isn’t it. Love to read that you might need some more yarn because you don’t quite have the right one....I think I’ve read that on a milllion blogs in the last 599 weeks about one product or another!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I reckon we all ‘need’ more yarn no matter how much is in our stash!! ;-). It was lovely to see that the blankets were well received, I shall start making another or some squares and send them off in the new year. What a lovely walk you had with the family though it’s sad to see that fly tipping, what is the matter with people?
    Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to see you've been getting out and about. It's not easy to know when enough is enough....until you've done too much :-) I do it all the time ...and then also suffer :-) So lovely to spend some time with the family though I'm sure.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #15

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Anne, I had no idea you suffered with your hip. I got one of those cushion thingies to sleep with between my knees - does help to get up feeling better in a morning. The walk sounded lovely and it must have been good to spend time with family like that.
    What a shame about the Hall - a beautiful building and now a rubbish tip! Shame, such a shame!
    If you want to see my video you could try going to You Tube - Anita Christine Hickson.
    Why on earth I had my full name on I don't remember - perhaps there were others similar so I went the whole hog.
    Hugs, Neet 11 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anne, it's always sad when such beautiful buildings are allowed to fall completely into disrepair.The lodge is lovely, at least thats been saved. Great pics from the woodland walk, so easy though to overdo it, hope you are not suffering too much. I agree it's a disgrace how people will just dump their rubbish anywhere- why can't they just take it to the tip? Have a lovely week, Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz #10 X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anne. Hope you soon recover from your walk. Yes, it is indeed good to feel the sun on our faces - good to be able to be with your family, too.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can remember my pony not wanting to work on through a long puddle, so I got off and showed her it was ok...splash splash splash plop! there was a two foot hole in the centre, I fell on my face, Tesha lifted her nose in a 'laugh'! How did she know? Shame about the hospital, it looks like it could have been saved if looked after years ago . The lodge is even nicer...but I reckon its a bit damp inside! Have a great week, don't walk too far, but do keep walkin'! Happy WOYWW ((Lyn)) #24

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely to be able to walk thorough a wood, its so restful. Looks like you all had fun, I am like you buy more yarn that I really do not need,

    Happy WOYWDW Take care and stay safe

    Lilian B # 13

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too have problems decluttering, I start off with good intentions then start over thinking every item and what else I could use it for. Looks like a beautiful outside space to walk in, isn't it always the magnificent buildings that are left to go to ground, such a waste. I hope spending time with the family will help you think away those aches and pains. Take care & happy WoywW Tracey #12

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every week I tell myself that I must do some more decluttering, however i usually manage to get distracted so still plenty to do. Sadly sometimes these old buildings are left to fall down. there were several in Lincolnshire that the airforce commandeered and by the time they gave them back they were derelict and too expensive to put right. Wishing you a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh it’s a shame re the hall, such a sad mess and I’ve done that .. gone walking when I should’ve been resting cos it was so nice to be with everyone etc
    Happy crafting I must get going not sure if will need more cards as seem to have added to my list... 😆
    Thanks for sharing, and God bless, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you enjoyed your walk - it is always tempting to walk just that bit too far when the company and fresh air mean so much! xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucky you meeting a horse on your walk - I love horses! I miss walking through woods too. I was walking to my sons the other week, he lives 10 houses away, I had just passed my daughter’s house which is 4 houses away when I realised couldn’t go on. I had to knock on her door so I could rest before going back. I have been out since :( A belated happy WOYWW Angela #25

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you feel better soon!

    Chana Malkah #32

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely walk you had with the family, Anne - although sorry it upset your hip. It's hard to say no to something you really want to do, isn't it, even though you know you are going to suffer for it afterwards. There's nothing I love better than an autumn walk through the woods, scuffing up the leaves - unless it's a spring beech wood with bluebells, that is! What a shame that magnificent stately home is no more. Well done with the decluttering efforts. This is something I seriously need to tackle. My studio is the worst it's ever been for clutter these days!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #9

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...