Wednesday 1 July 2020

WOYWW - Mum

Mum

She gave the gift of laughter
and dried her share of tears,
She left her mark on many lucky lives
throughout the years.
She spread a lot of love around,
She shed a world of light.
And in the memories she left,
her spirit still shines bright.



Hello all.
I am sorry I don't have a photo of my desk so I hope that Julia will forgive me.
Some of you know already  but my dear mum died on Monday 22nd June - for her a blessing but those left behind  are heartbroken but we wouldn't have wanted her to suffer.

I hesitated posting but I have often spoken about her on here so I hope you understand.

On Sunday 21st we were allowed to visit her in her Care Home. I made the 150  miles journey in trepidation as it was first time out for me since 17th March and I travelled in the back of my brothers car. I wore two masks and a visor!
Three hours later we arrived and dressed in PPE we went in to see Mum. She was so poorly bless her but knew we were there. We gave her drinks, wiped her chin and chatted gently.
When we had to leave to return home she put her fingers to her lips, kissed them and gently waved. I , through a mask gave her a kiss on her head.

She was rushed to hospital in early hours of Monday morning. She was very poorly but was still being treated and we were not expecting her to lose her fight. Sadly she couldn't fight the infection she had ( not the Covid virus thankfully) and left us during the afternoon. I am so thankful that the owner of the Care Home allowed us to visit the day before and we had those beautiful three and a half hours with her.

Not much crafting at the moment but I am sure I will resume at some point.
Just before all the above I had made kits for my ladies.


The box was a holder for the cards.


A little blurred = the card at the front was a pocket card. 

I think they were well received.
I hope everyone is ok and I will try and pop by to see you all but it might not happen in one go.

Anne x

17 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry about your mum, Anne - that's a lovely photo of her. I'm so pleased that you managed to get to see her, though it was hard, you got a chance to say goodbye which will help in the months to come. I found crafting helped me after my mum died, something to keep the hands busy helped with the head.
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne. Of course you must post about your mum! I know I posted the day after my hubby died - everyone was so supportive it was precious! Yes, you will be missing your mum so much - but how special that you were able to go and visit her, know her, talk and share with her - and she knew you! Beautiful.
    Take care of yourself, dear girl. Give yourself time. God bless you.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Anne. What a sad time for you all. Her suffering is over now but you will need time to heal. Sending you biggest hugs and lots of love. I hope you know I'm here if you need a friend.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #13

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is sad news Anne - I am so sorry for your loss. Your photo of Mum is one to treasure - what a lovely lady. I am so glad you managed a visit. It has been so awful for folks at the moment so at least you could be with her when she really needed you. Thinking of you. xxx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mum looks like a very sweet, fun, and loving lady! Thank you for sharing. You were very blessed to have her as your own, Anne, and I'm so sorry she's gone. But as you say, your memories of her will keep her alive forever in your hearts and thoughts. How wonderful that you were allowed to see her and chat with her before she passed. Keep yourself well. Love and hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww so sorry Ann , Your mum looks like she was a lovely lady , glad you were able to see her . Heart broken for you but as you say there's nothing worse than seeing someone you love suffer. (((hugs)))) Love Soojay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anne. I am so so sorry to learn of your loss. I am glad you told us though as she meant so much to you - and also that you got to visit her too. Take care . sending gentle hugs. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Anne, I'm so sorry to hear this. But I am also glad that you got to see her and that she was happy for your visit. I do love the little box for the cards too. I hope this week is peaceful for you xx Lisa-Jane #15

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear Anne, I'm sorry for your loss. It's a blessing that she lived a long full life and that you got to spend those precious hours with her. (*(*(*(*(*( Hugs )*)*)*)*)*)

    Teresa :

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anne, I'm so sorry to hear about your the passing of your mother. As you say, we don't want our loved ones in pain or suffering, so there is a comfort there, it is just so hard - the realisation that we have said our final goodbye. We all know we share far more than just our desks in this blog hop, and that is what is so wonderful about this group - being there with words of support, sympathy, encouragement, whatever is needed. Sending you big hugs, Heather xx #16

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about your mum but at least you managed to see her and she knew you were there. I lost my dad about six weeks ago and we were not allowed to see him in hospital which left mum and I feeling a bit lost for a while especially as we were unable to have a funeral so my thoughts are with you. Take care of yourself. Hugs Angela x20x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anne I am so sad to hear about your Mother, I hope seeing her before she passed will be of some comfort along with the memory of her waving you off with a kiss as you said your goodbyes.
    Take care of yourself during these sad times Tracey #8 xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending condolences and thinking of you at this very sad time.

    Susan #12

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anne, so sorry to hear your sad news. So glad you were able to visit and spend time with her. The fact that we are glad the suffering has ended does not lessen the pain howver. Hope you find comfort in your memories. Very best wishes, Stay well, stay safe, Hugs Cindy #27

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Anne I am so glad that you were all able to see your mum before she passed. I am sure that you have many special memories of such an important person. Stay safe and Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so sorry to hear about your mum, Anne, but I am glad that despite the current difficulties, a way was found for you to be with her before the end - it sounded such a sweet farewell.

    Your birdie cards are just gorgeous.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #7

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anne, I feel terrible that I did not see your post and only learned today (25th) of your mum's passing, through Facebook. I have, every single night, last night included, included your mum in my prayers not knowing she was no longer with us but as I asked for her to be blessed I suppose it was alright.
    I know how upset you used to be when you could not get to see her and so I can imagine her passing has left an immeasurable hole in your heart. But how lovely that you were allowed to visit her, especially when so many people have not had that privilege of seeing a loved one. I remember you saying what a lovely care home she was in and that just proves it.
    It must have been wonderful to know that she knew you and could summon up enough strength to kiss you all goodbye in that way. I just hope you can take some comfort from the knowledge that she went to sleep that night knowing you had been with her.
    I am so sorry Anne, I really do not know how I missed all of this.
    Sending gentle hugs and much love, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...