Wednesday 27 May 2020

WOYWW

Hello all. Thank you for the welcome back last week and lovely comments.
We have had a few visitors over last few days- all socially distancing of course. Two friends popped by ( not at the same time) the one lives alone and is usually out a lot - she loves to have a chat. Son and family have dropped off shopping or popped via ours on their walks to say hi.
My brother and his wife brought along plants for the garden so that has been keeping me occupied - still a few to put in yet.
I asked the ladies who come to craft if they would like a class in a kit  and all said yes so I am busy planning that. I hope they will like it!
I spoke to mum, it is tricky as she does not hear well. She is missing seeing family and physical contact 😪. It is so very sad.
 There was little to show on my desk - my crafting has been mainly in the garden!


I made two cards for challenges




Plants etc waiting to all be sorted. It is looking different now, photos when I finish.



Hoping to pop and see one of the ladies who comes to class - she is almost 86 ,recovering from a broken wrist , has managed to provide a neighbour with cards to send and yesterday said she has made us a cake, wants to order new goodies and wants to join in with class in a kit!

She is remarkable- we keep well apart and chat - sometimes Graham pops things in to her via his walk. She was saying she would love some ice cream, she will only ask people to get her essentials, so I asked my S.I.L. if she would get some ice-cream for her. I am taking that this afternoon - a surprise.
Take care and stay safe.

13 comments:

  1. I've finished the latest Memory bear so have a little time to pop round my favourite blogs :-)
    It is so sad to hear about your mum...I'm sure there are many older folk really struggling during this difficult time. Your garden is looking lovely. I am loving to hear all the folk helping others out...well done you.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you - you are not on Mr Linky today? Your cards are lovely - very tricky and clever. I bet those plants will be lovely once you get them established. Our garden is looking good - just need a bit more rain really but I'm not complaining. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards and loving your garden picks too. Wishing you a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne. I love the cards - but especially the one with the boat. My family are water babes! Two of them took their little yacht out on the water yesterday - not heard how they got on - but I'm sure they will have had a great time! All the best with the class in a kit! Hope the friend liked her ice cream. Your garden is looking great - well done.
    Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
    Margaret #5

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the challenge cards you have made Anne. Your garden will be beautiful with all those lovely flowers. Good luck sorting your class kits. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely cards Anne, I love the first one - a great idea to do the spotlight and then the seagulls outside.
    Glad you have had visitors, will be glad when we can get out or visit (socially distanced of course) someone.
    Hugs, Neet 9 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How kind you are, I bet the lady will adore her ice cream, what a treat! I think it's great that your class want a kit and it's nice to have a purpose to craft as well, I felt like that with the scrubs bags and masks. I haven't got to a garden centre yet but am having to water my veg beds every evening, it's so gorgeous here but very dry. In Wales! Amazing.....
    HUgs LLJ 2 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anne, two beautiful cards! Great idea with the kits. Your elderly friend sounds like a lovely lady. It must be hard for your Mom, indeed, everyone in care homes, being so isolated. Garden looking good, I've got plants ordered that I'm waiting to arrive to do my planters. Have a lovely week, Stay safe, Shaz #17 X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings, dear Anne! I was glad to see that you posted. I enjoyed both of your cards and it looks like you will have a garden of Eden when you get everything planted and blooming! Take care. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards. So nice that you got to see a few friends. Sorry for running late this week, stay safe. with love & God Bless, Caro xx (#4)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anne. Loving your cards, was surprised at textures on feather one, guesss some gesso suits a male card. Love that boat one too.
    And that is a lot of plants to sort and put out.
    Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
    Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X #6

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so hard with the older ones isn't it? My Dad doesn't hear very well either and there's absolutely no chance of him using technology! I've had to go into his house a few times after he has had a turn, or his fire alarm was beeping etc but he really wants to get out down the seafront and see the world go by. We took him some tomato plants that we had grown from seed to cheer him up. Like you, much of my crafting has been in the garden! I hope the ladies like their kits! Best wishes, Lisa-Jane, #23

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your cards, Anne, and your little garden is soooo pretty! I love to see all the little plants waiting to be planted out. My hubby bought some bedding plants today so ours looks similar at the moment.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #22

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...