Wednesday 15 August 2018

WOYWW 480

Well I did a post last week and then couldn't get photos to load :-( so as I was so tired I'm afraid I gave up.

Thanks for all lovely comments from week before last and apologies for not making it back to some I will definitely pop by this week.

A quieter time for a change. Windows were finished. We are very pleased with them and I feel as though I am in a new house. Need to get some decorating done - not because of windows, though few areas need touching up. We are also having bathroom done in September which I am dreading.

I think I didn't explain the little window very well - it just gives light into stairs and landing area - there is a little balcony - that is above the downstairs loo. The little door at the side is to access  the window to clean it, not to climb through , though one of the fitters did :-), he was a lot thinner than me! From the stairs it is quite high up. I usually have a huge pottery jug on there that we bought on Skye.





Have been up to the usual, crafting - making a Wedding Album for my D.I.L. to give to her cousin on her wedding day on Saturday. Helped celebrate my Auntie's (93rd birthday. Been out to lunch three times!!! I'm very lucky.
This last weekend I visited my friend in Witney - we met 60 years ago, aged seven in school. She was the new girl and I had to look after her.  Our journey was not much fun as there was a very nasty accident on the M40 , we were delayed by 45 minutes- the  aftermath looked dreadful and I pray that no one died or was left with serious injury.

So the reason you are really here, my desk :-) - why am I showing you my desk, check out here and join in here





My work space is pretty crowded I need to tidy up tomorrow and finish the album.

I recently finished decorating this box. A lovely lady in another craft group I am in has been making boxes of variuos shapes and sizes and asked volunteers to decorate as you wanted. She wants to sell the boxes as they are but put examples of what can be done to them.





Look forward to visiting many desks this week.



14 comments:

  1. what a pretty box! glad your windows are all installed successfully. have a creative week. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work on the wee box! That stairway shot made me quite dizzy...
    Happy WOYWW :)
    Claire no. 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty box. Nice window too! Karen 9

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne, lovely job with the box, looks beautiful. Having work done is always so messy, isn't it? Hope the bathroom goes smoothly. Love that window. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anne, love what you've done with the box. It will certainly help your friend with her sales. Glad all the windows are finished and hope the bathroom refit isn't too bad. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #21

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful boxes! Happy Wednesday, TFS, Jo x #22

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have had a busy week, you social gadabout! I'm glad all has gone well (apart from the M40 that is). Those boxes are very pretty, I'm sure they'll sell well!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous box! Do we get to see the final album as well? Say Happy Birthday to Auntie for me. Thanks for sharing. Caro x (#19)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the windows are done - as you say, makes the house like new. Lots of interest on your desk today. Love your pretty boxes. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a good week. Hazel, WOYWW #20 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the box, beautiful. Have a great week and happy woyww, Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that box is so pretty. I love how you have a friend for so long. It’s so easy to lose contact with old school friends. Have a great week. Dorlene #30

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooooooh..that makes a lot more sense..a window in the stairwell! And there was I thinking you had a priest hole or spare but thin room! Ha ha! Glad you’re pleased with the new window, I know what you mean about the new house feeling, it’s remarkable the difference they make for a while! Love the way you decorated that box and so nice of you to take on doing something like that when youre always soo busy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow-awesome job on that box! Lovely to have natural light in a closed stairwell, I'll bet it looks lovely in the morning!Your desk looks nice and busy, just as it should! Thanks for your visit, and have a great week! Lindart #27

    ReplyDelete
  14. So good to catch up with you and yours, Ann! How lovely to have new windows, but I truly appreciate the fuss of getting them in. Preparing to sell our house helps me imagine your adventure, too. I'm glad you have had good times with your family since I last checked in, and I admire the pretty box you decorated and showed us in this post.
    Blessings! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...