Wednesday 18 December 2019

WOYWW

Hello all. Thank you for all the kind comments last week.

Well last night saw me visiting Aunt , in hospital again. This time on other side of B.ham to where my brother and I live.
She was taken in again last Saturday. Infection in face.

She is of sound mind, so if she wants to go home she can. My brother and I again stressed she needs care in place - she doesn't want it! If she suffered with dementia I would feel more sympathetic but she is selfish - always has been - never married was looked after by my Grandmother - who did exactly as she was ordered to. She doesn't think about the consequences to others of her stubbornness. ☹️

It is only three weeks today since she came out of hospital last time. Of course I will keep an eye on her etc would not see her suffer but have to step back a little so that she can see she needs more help and for my well being.

Last Friday brother and I did the 300 miles round trip,l trek south to visit mum. She looked well, though frail and thin. She wanted Christmas music on. We all sang along and reminisced about past times when we were little. A lovely afternoon. No moaning from mum!

I have been finishing cards to send and little gifts.

Yesterday my 12 year old GD spent a few hours with us ( she finished school last Friday) her sister is poorly and off school and she was getting a bit bored so came to us. I took her to visit a friend, then she helped sort paper and card. Later we crafted, then I had hairdressers and then hospital visit to see Aunt.

Had my final meeting at WI - The Christmas Party. Not the best.

Today need a final trip to shops. ☹️


Desk getting tidier, Ella ( GD ) helped a lot yesterday. She likes things to be tidy! :-)



Mum

 With my baby brother :-)
 Flowers we took mum

My tree and Star.
I just love the reflections in the windows, quite magical


If I don't make it on next week would like to wish all of you the happiest Christmas. 
Thanks for reading. Will be around visiting as many as I can.

16 comments:

  1. I am sorry your Aunt is in hospital again and still being difficult! Your Mum looks lovely and seems to be enjoying things. Hope you get to enjoy Christmas as it does sound as if you are being pulled in every direction!! Love the tree and the reflections in your window. Helen #7

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very kind to visit your aunt even though she might be a bit difficult. You should be proud of your mum who is so much kinder. My mom had alzheimers and got rather mean to her daughters who made sure to all go see her every single week. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ****************************************
    *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ****************************************

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can be so difficult when we care for people that can be stubborn, I tell my Children always don't let me get like that when I grow older, I hope they take heed. I could do with a little helper like your GD, i've still much to pack and put away for the big day.
    Your Tree and star do look magical, wishing you a wonderful time if I don't make it on the day. Happy WoywW Tracey #5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Anne. The tree looks so good with all those reflections! Well done. That's a lovely photo of your mum. Yes, do take care of yourselves amid the concerns for your aunt. Oh, how hard it is to get all the priorities right!
    Take care. God bless. Have a truly beautiful Christmas.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Anne, I think you’re doing the right thing...if only to remove the pressure from yourself. If your Aunt refuses help, then you have no choice but to step back and let her decide if she can or can’t cope. I found it incredibly stressful trying to do the right thing, now I do as much as I’m asked, offer once to help further and then back off, it’s saved my sanity. my sweet Ma In Law is the type that gets stressed and fixated on something until it’s sorted, so I’ve learned to get it sorted and back off. Sometimes it’s a simple trip to town or a phone call she needs to make but is a bit frightened of the red tape, but it’s definitely better for me if I can deal with it straight away; if I try to reassure her that nothing needs doing or that it can wait...it’s all she can focus on! Your collection of punches made me take a breath, how marvellous! How marvellous too to have a GD who likes to organise a bit..my cards to k could do with such a human! Your Christmas tree looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne, I'm so glad you had such a lovely visit with your Mom. And I think you#re making the right decision with your Aunt too- hopefully she will see her stubborness is doing her no good.Love your tree and star!Hope you have a lovely Christmas, Hugs, Shaz #2 X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Anne you really do sound to be struggling with life issues. Old life never comes alone does it and can be so dificult to deal with some of the issues.
    Sending you big hugs,
    Annie x #12

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Mom is gorgeous! So happy you were able to visit with her! Merry Christmas to you!
    Glenda #18

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always a busy time trying to fit everyone and everything in - well done for all that you've done this year, it's tough. I like that Ella likes things to be tidy, good girl, so do I! Just in the Jancave, not necessarily the house you understand! Lovely tree and the reflections are lovely!
    Have a good Christmas Anne,
    Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's hard work with elderly family and I know all about this as my parents are 91 and 92 and although they live together in their own house it's still not easy. You make sure that you make time for yourself though I need to tell myself this too. Sending you big Christmas WOYWW hugs, Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry to hear auntie is being so difficult and stubborn - it really does make life difficult for you. Love the photos of your Mum - it sounds like it was a very special time for you all. The tree looks stunning reflected in the window. Take care of yourself my friend. Happy WOYWW. Hope you have a lovely Christmas. Caro x (#15)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ella certainly has been helpful in the tidying department Anne. Glad you and your brother had such a nice visit with your mum. Sorry to hear about your aunt. If you need to step back a little then you should do so, if only for your own health. Merry Christmas, we don't finish school until the end of this week. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated WOYWDW and a very happy Christmas,

    Hope you get things sorted out with our Aunt, lovely Family photos

    Nice desk
    Lilian B # 28

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anne Sorry I am late visiting. I'm doing flying visits round desks, as I've been AWOL for so long and wanted to catch up and wish everyone a Merry Christmas! Oh dear, your Aunt does sound hard work! Lovely to have your granddaughter round to craft with you. Have a lovely week Heather xx #31

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos of your visit to Mum - she looks so cosy and loved! All the very best for Christmas and 2020. xxx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anne, I enjoyed catching up with what's going on with your family. You are wise to step back from Auntie. It's wonderful to see your Mum looking so well and to get to see your baby brother, too! I also loved hearing that your granddaughter likes to play with you and "neaten" you up when she visits! That would have been me as a girl ... well, still is, come to think of it, lol! Thank you very much for the beautiful red and gold Christmas tree card. I love the reindeer pattern inside the tree and the sprinkling of stars around! Even your pen was schparkly!! Have a very Happy Christmas and a blessed new year!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...