Wednesday 23 October 2019

WOYWW

Goodness I have made it two weeks in a row! How fast that last week went by!

Thank you for the lovely comments. I was a little late reply and joining in. I had settled down that evening to look at all your lovely desks etc when I had a call from my brother. A long story but we had to go our Aunt's, mum's 94 year old sister - she had sat down on a low stool and could not get back up! Had taken her panic button off and could not reach it! Thankfully she could reach the telephone.
The Sunday before she rang saying she had no milk, bread. Had been going shopping on the Saturday but hadn't felt up to it. Thought she would try on Sunday but still felt unwell. We have told her we will get shopping anytime but she is quite stubborn.
So with mum being miles away, Auntie not making life easy and my son and family miles away in Yorkshire life can get tricky! :-)

However all well with Auntie, mum was chatty today - I was relieved.

The Craft Retreat was such fun, just what I needed - I am feeling much better.

I cannot show photos yet as it is happening again this Saturday and some ladies going might see it on here and it would spoil the surprise. Will share some photos next week.

Last night I had a craft table at WI Craft Night. It went well, lots of compliments. A much better meeting . One lady apologised for not knowing my name or recognising me. I have been going for three and a half years. She agreed it was sad that she did not know me. It is a big group 60 - 80 ladies. Mostly they sit in rows and have speakers! Some are interesting - others not so. Many do not want change. I have decided to leave at end of year.

 Today I have been attempting a  snow globe card for my class on Saturday. I did one but didn't like it - so back to the drawing board!


The ladies last night with their completed cards.


Below the completed Vanity Boxes. I should have photographed all the little gifts inside but didn't!

Well that's all for now, rather long I fear!
Hopefully tomorrow night I can sit down and visit your desks.
Click on the button to find out what WOYWW is all about - and of course join in!
See you soon.

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards and lovely vanity box too. Glad to hear your family are all okay and I reckon being stubborn comes with age!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life likes to throw us these challenges my friend. Just do what you can and make sure you allow yourself some 'me time' to keep your batteries charged or you'd be no good to anyone.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the second attempt at the snow globe card is successful.
    Oh dear, sounds as if you have your hands more than full with the aunty. It must be difficult when they get cranky like that - and a bit stubborn too. You can only do what you can do though, don't let it stress you out. Glad mum as a bit more chatty, that must have made you feel better.
    Lovely cards and vanity boxes.
    Hugs, Neet 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It never actually settles into a routine of calm for you Anne, does it! So glad you enjoyed the retreat, Im looking forward to one myself very soon - good for the energy flow isnt it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great class and everyone had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy, not a class but a table at WI..

      Delete
  6. Glad you enjoyed the craft retreat. I did join in for a while with my local church craft group, but they like knitting and sewing mainly so I stopped going. Glad to hear everyone is feeling well x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a good class, looks like a lot of fun. Poor Auntie, I'm glad that she was near a phone (a lesson in always wearing your panic alarm I feel) - I hope all is well with her.... I do think of her from time-to-time. She was so lovely the two times I met her. Happy WOYWW. Have a lovely week. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#6)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the club went well. and also that you enjoyed the retreat. Hope your aunt learns to ask for help - but I know they like to maintain their independence! Have a good week Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anne, a craft retreat sounds just what I need - for a month or two! Glad to hear your mum was more chatty, and I hope your auntie asks for help when she needs it. It sounds exhausting having your family scattered wide and far - no wonder you need a retreat! Have a lovely week Heather xx #27

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, a craft retreat sounds great, glad you enjoyed it. Shame the WI aren't doing so well for you, sounds as if there is quite a lot of resistance to change.
    Hope you can keep juggling caring for your Aunt, decorating, and making cards. Those boxes look very special.
    Chris #11

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad all was sorted for Auntie, I know how stubborn our family members can be, it's part of my routine to take my MIL shopping each week to stock up, although my Mother is more stubborn.
    Good to hear the craft retreat perked you up, I could do with one of those at the moment. Look forward to seeing what you made when you are aloud to. Happy WoywW Tracey #3
    P.S Those vanity cases are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad the card making at the WI went down so well Anne and that the retreat did you so much good. Look forward to seeing the projects when you can share. Hope Auntie is feeling a lot btter soon. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI Anne, happy you enjoyed your retreat. Sometimes we just need to chance to recharge! Cards look fab.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 X

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm soooo late at getting round the desks - Weds and Thurs. always such busy days for me! Wow those vanity boxes are fab. So glad you enjoyed your craft retreat - I think crafting is just the best therapy! Looks like all your lady crafters agree with me too. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely lot going on Anne, well done on your card making with the ladies, glad mum was chatty this week, that’s a real blessing! and hopefully Aunty will be more settled in her ways.. for her happiness as well as yours, pray so.
    Snow globes can’t help you there so trust it went well too.

    Happy belated WOYWW.
    Thanks for sharing, and God bless, Shaz in Oz.x #20

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...