Friday 19 January 2018

A Smile for Friday

I haven't joined in with Annie's Friday Smiles for a long time - apologies Annie :-) - life gets in the way sometimes and we cannot always do what we would like to.
On Wednesday I made the journey down to Somerset, where my mum is living at the moment - in a Care Home rather than her bungalow. The home she is in at the moment is called Sunnymeade and that is the name of mum's bungalow, nearby - which is to be sold soon.

Yesterday, Thursday it was Mum's 89th birthday. We had a lot of smiles together while we were there and I think she really enjoyed her special day. She had her hair done on the morning , she always likes her hair to look good. At lunch time she didn't  feel up to going out but the staff at the Care Home laid a special table and we all had lunch together . I had taken a cake and they lit it and all sang Happy Birthday. So many of the staff came along and hugged her and wished her Happy Birthday. she had some beautiful cards and lovely gifts. We went back to her room and she had a little rest - a snooze!
I stayed for the rest of the afternoon and then we had to leave. Later there was a tea party for her and my sister and family were there for that. It was sad to leave - (especially as not sure when I can next go down to see her) but we had many smiles together which was lovely.


Many Happy Returns Mum - love you xxx

5 comments:

  1. It’s so lovely to see you joining in this week Anne. A very happy belated birthday to your mum. So lovely to have shared her happy day together.
    Hope you have a week full of smiles my friend.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mother is a beautiful woman. I hope I look that good at 89. Those were lovely jonquils and she looks like she was enjoying them and her special day, too. That cake looks lovely. You did a great job decorating it. Happy Friday Smiles and have a lovely weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to your Mum! How nice you were able to spend the whole day with her. I remember so well spending time with my mom at her assisted living where she spent her last years. You're lucky your mum still knows you. Mine did not for a long time before she passed and that is a very sad thing. ((hugs)), Teresa :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious time to spend with your mum. She looks very happy, and very well for such a great age. I am glad she is well enough to have enjoyed hr birthday. How kind of the care home to make it a special day fr her too. Have a good weekend. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you all had a good day and your mum looks really happy. Hope you get chance to see her again soon. Have a lovely weekend too, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...