Tuesday 7 November 2017

WOYWW 440

Hello there. Thanks to everyone who visited last week and all the super comments. My friend was pleased with the card, not sure what the birthday girl said yet!

I am feeling a lot better thank you. Had a super weekend and saw mum. More later.

I've been busy finishing off my swaps and planning makes for my All Day Christmas Class - feel a bit more in control now. Hope my swaps will pass muster but I won't show them off this week :-) The SU Onstage ( Convention) is on Saturday. I am getting rather excited about it all.

So to my desk / AKA dining room table :-)

You can see the birthday card I was making for my Great Niece - gosh that makes me sound very old - I'm a Great Aunt lol
Also signs of Christmas :-)

 Love a cup of tea when I'm crafting. Lots of glimmer paper in evidence - I was covered in glitter :-)


Looking the other way - 
So that's my work space for this week. I have been trying to keep reasonably tidy in there this week. Tell you why next time :-) 
So why not go and look at some other desks or better still join in at the the lovely Julia's Blog, go on you know you want to :-)
I will visit as many as I can, all who visit me and all ending in same number as me.

As I'd started to feel better we decided to go down and see mum. We went via Weston Super Mare - ate lunch, had a walk and found a lovely placed for homemade cake and lovely coffee. Checked in to our hotel in Chard, The Lord Leaze. Went to see Mum for evening visit. She looked a lot better than I had thought she would - last time I'd seen her was waving her off in the ambulance :-( we returned to the hotel, had a lovely bar meal and a glass or two of wine. On Sunday we went down to a freshly cooked breakfast - cooked to order. So much nicer than when it is all precooked and then served buffet style. After checking out we went along to mum's bungalow ( still not sold :-( ) I had a little dust and put vacuum round. We ate a sandwich we'd bought and then locked up and off to the hospital. Mum was not quite so bright but did perk up. At the end of afternoon visiting we popped out to find something to eat - not that easy unless you wanted to drive and DH didn't as we were driving home later. Anyway we managed and then back for evening visit. It was very hard leaving, mum got very upset. Difficult leaving but needed to get home. It took us three hours and got in at 10.40. 

Mum, couldn't get her to smile for a photo though she was smiling and laughing at times. She is still in lot of pain when she tries to walk, but is managing a few steps. Staff said she worries too much about silly things and is maybe not trying as much as she could :-(  
Well that's it for now. 

16 comments:

  1. Your mum looks pretty good.. bright eyes and looking lovely in her outfit. I wish that she could be nearer to you. Pretty card for your little great niece. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you’re feeling better Anne. You certainly sound more like you today and have been rather busy since last week. I hope your mum continues to improve and is able to get out of hospital soon....they aren’t the best places to sleep and get well.
    Big hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so thát is how you call it in English: "Great Aunt"... I am about to become one every day now and already send out my present all the way to Canada (that's where my niece lives) so it will be on time when the baby arrives... I'm glad you had the opportunity to visit your mum. She may not smile for the photo but she looks sweet. Happy woyww, have a warm and bright day, hug from Holland, Marit #19

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you went to visit your mum and she is doing a little better. You have had a nice few days it looks like. Always nice to have some time away. Have a good week.
    Ellie #7

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anne, good to hear you are feeling better. Ihadn't realised your Mom was back down south, I thought she was still up here by you. Mind you, I missed a few weeks being ill myself. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #10 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mum is looking better but I know it's so tricky to keep them happy. And when they've been in hospital a long time, it seems harder to motivate them (speaking from experience with my dad) I'm really glad that you're feeling better too, perhaps a little enforced rest did you the power of good as well! Love your sparkly stuff on the desk and I was a great aunt 18 years ago - I'm not old enough surely!!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mum certainly looks like she's enjoying your visits! There's definitely a hint of a smile on her face.

    I love the card you made for your g-neice, a bit of glitter always makes me happy :)

    Now I wonder why its important you keep the table clear for this weekend!!

    See you Friday xxx
    Karen xxx #16

    ReplyDelete
  8. good to read this round up of your news.. hope your mum continues to recover - and you too of course! Happy WOYWW Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your Convention this weekend. Do you get to make lots of things for ideas for your classes from these? Also enjoy your full day class when it comes around. Am sure you have prepared lots of lovely things.
    There sure are lots on your desk to make the viewer smile with delight.
    Glad you are feeling much better and that your mum is improving. I see she has oxygen on in the photo so I guess her breathing is not that great. Try not to get upset too much, she is probably a lot better when you are not there and hopefully joins in with things that are going on. Hope she continues to get better as do you.
    Take care, think of you often (and the elastics are holding up)
    Hugs, Neet 2 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you are still having such a rough time, Anne, and I hope your mum recovers soon. What a lot of driving you are having to do, and you must be exhausted by now. Glad you are managing to be creative, though - more than I am managing at the moment! Thank you for your lovely comment and good wishes. Both kittens seem to be sorted now - my hubby came home from the final visit to the vet's with Ruby in a little body suit that looks very cute, but she's not keen on it! She's getting used to it now and no longer rolling around all the time trying to get it off!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #9

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lovely card on the table and I do love glitter card, can't be a bit of sparkle!
    Hope your mum continues to improve, it sounds like you had a nice visit with her.
    Hope you have a good week,
    Diana x #13

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anne. So good to see you feeling a bit better and managing to get down to your mum. She looks well in the photo - even without a smile. Some lovely crafty goodness going on there on your dining table!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Get well wishes for your mom. Great to keep busy crafting. I hate using glitter paper because of all the glitter you find everywhere afterwards. LOL. Dorlene #36

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anne, so glad you got to visit your mum (and that you're feeling better). I know what you mean about having a great niece; mine turned 6 in August! Have a good week! Sarah #27

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you had a lovely visit with your Mum, and a stay in a nice hotel is fun too! The card is deliciously glittery - I'm sure she will love it!
    Sorry I'm so late this week! Thank you for your earlier visit, Lindart #34

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anne, I have just caught up with your last few posts, and so admire your creative efforts...especially as your projects have been completed during the stress of your mum's illness and your own illness as well. The puppy cake is precious! Bravo! And the cards you have made are all really lovely...the ribbon weaving is such a clever idea! Wishing you and yours well. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...