Tuesday 16 May 2017

WOYWW 415

Hello again, it can't possibly be Wednesday. Feel as though my feet have hardly touched the floor since last week.
Thanks to all who visited me last week , I did reply where I could.
The Craft Weekend went very, very well and everyone said they enjoyed it - I will put some photos and a little more detail at the end.

I have almost put everything away from the weekend, cleaned my stamps etc.It was hard remembering and taking everything. I normally hold my class at home so everything on hand.

Anyway I have two workdesk/workspace photos.

Oh dear not sure what happened there. You might be able to make out what's there.


The one below is my actual desk, quite small, an old washstand. I've actually cleared it off a bit. Under the sealotape dispenser are the new annual Catalogues from Stampin' Up!


Above are the makes from the weekend. We made the box on Friday evening and I had provided a sweet heart shaped candle to go inside. On Saturday we decorated the heart, the tin and made the cards - there were five designs and each lady had 20 cards they could make. Sorry the photos are really not very good.

If you would like to join in WOYWW then pop over to the lovely Julia's Blog and join in. I will visit all who visit me and who end in the same number as me.

So back to  the weekend.
We started on Friday at five o clock with Bucks Fizz and nibbles and then made the boxes. Later had dinner and then played bingo :-) for crafty prizes. Lots of chatting and laughter.

Saturday morning began with breakfast and then we decorated the heart and made the decoration for the tin.There was a break for homemade biscuits and drinks. Lunch followed - gorgeous wraps.
On Saturday afternoon all the ladies started on the cards. They had all they needed for four of five designs. Apart from lady ( who was a little difficult at times - long story) everyone finished everything.
We finished with a fabulous dinner and a raffle. I was shattered but it was all worth it.

Some photos




Nibbles above

Below part of Friday dinner



 

Saturday breakfast below




Goody bags -I used shrink plastic for the hearts and beads from my stash



Chocolate and mini gifts


Discovering the contents of the goody bags



And we're off!!!



scones and cream for afternoon tea.

I didn't manage anymore photos as I was busy with finishing off, tidying up for dinner and then collapsed with a glass of wine :-)

Hope you've enjoyed reading and looking.


Mum not brilliant and causing me to worry a lot. She seems more frail etc. So sad to see her like this. Hopefully back next week.

21 comments:

  1. What a wonderful hostess you are! I'm sure you all had a wonderful time. I'm sorry your Mum is worrying you.. this is a hard time for you. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely time was had by all. I'm going to a friend's on Saturday where we are doing a workshop on stitched Inchies. There'll be about 12 or more of us and lots of cake
    Lynn 12

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful weekend for all. I bet they had a great time. So many lovely things made and lots of yummy food too. Sending love to your mum....old age is a bugger isn't it?
    Hugs,
    Annie x #14

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the weekend went well. You had certainly gone to enough effort. Sorry to hear your Mum is not in the best of health. Hugs. Sarah #17

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bucks Fizz and those goody bags! Wow, I'm coming to your next weekend, lol!!! Seriously, it looked wonderful and I'm sure the ladies had a wonderful time. You are a hostess with the mostest :-D
    I'm happy to swap atcs with you, still have your address!
    Hugs, LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne, it looks like a wonderful time was had by all. So many lovely things made. Sorry to hear your Mum is not so good, fingers crossed she perks up soon. I'll email you my addy later, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you all had a wonderful time! The makes look great. Thanks for sharing your photos.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon k #29

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great WOYWW TFS xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like such a fun time!! You should be knackered! Sorry to hear about your Mum, hope she perks up. Thanks for sharing, Lindart #33

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great weekend. The food sounded wonderful.....usually guaranteed to make things go with a swing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like everyone had a great time, there is nothing better than spending time with crafty friends. Hope your mum is okay, sending you both hugs. Thanks for the visit to mine. Angela x 15 x

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great time you had - looks fabulous fun! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  13. When my mum was quite ill recently, I found it quite difficult. She was very confused and for a while, we thought she'd had a stroke. It was the reversal of roles that was stressful - me becoming the mother and caring for her (not that I minded one little bit!). I felt quite lost in my new role, but thankfully it was short-lived and now we're back to 'normal' and she is well again.
    So much worry for you with your mum - and yet you still find so much time for others. I find that inspirational.
    Have a restful Wednesday!
    All the best,
    Bubbles #22
    http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/woyww-415.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a super weekend and great makes too, I bet you are exhausted still. Thanks for the visit. BJ#4

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! What a splendid time must have been had by all who attended. And it was very much worth it, satisfied ending collapse and all. My one complaint? You've made me hungry for your goodies! Lolz
    ;)
    Rose of Rose's Art Garden

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great weekend you had! So fun to craft with friends. Your photos aren't the best, but we can see all the lovelies! Dorlene #39

    ReplyDelete
  17. it look s like you all had a fabulous weekend and what great makes , ilove all things floral beutiful cards and gifts. the food looks delicious has made me hungry:-)
    I do hope your mum is okay... crafty hugs andrea #42

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the first deskshot, it is so dreamy, seems like you had loads of fun over the weekend. have a good one this weekend as well, Vicky#5

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Anne. Finally made it to commenting after my manic but brilliant week with my college friends. I was at Matlock college - not there any more! - as were the seven other girls and two of the guys. It was tremendous fun as I had missed the last few reunions. Amazing house they all stayed in!!!
    Your preparations for the weekend were stunning - what a lot of work you put in. I'm so glad it went well for you all. I just love that box you made. Stunning!
    I look forward to swapping with you next week.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW looks like a great weekend and fun time to be had by all. I love making cards and chattering with friends while doing so. Sorry to hear about your Mom! Thanks for visiting my desk earlier. I was so happy that I remembered in time to participate in WOYWW this week. I think the meds and illness has really impacted my memory! Vickie #43

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your event looked like one I would have enjoyed, too. I'm so glad that it went well for the most part. I am sending you hugs of encouragement as you care for your mum in this season of your lives, and can sympathize with your worry having gone through such a season with my mom. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...