Friday 30 November 2018

Where did all that time go????

It's been a while since I was on here. Missed all of September and October and nearly November.
I have had a lot going on one way or another and at times just didn't have the energy to think about doing my blog.
Below is a brief explanation and recap of the fun things :-) - if you want to catch up !!!


I was preparing items for a Craft Fair- I have already said no to one but this was to raise funds for my grandson. He is going to India with his school in 2020 and has to help raise the cost of going. It will be a holiday but the young people also have to take part in a Community Project.


Our stall at the Craft Fair


Below the table at Centre Stage

Some of the goodies I received.




On Friday 9th Nov and Sat 10th  I was at Stampin' Up!s Onstage event in Solihull, B'ham. I also ( for those familiar with SU) attended Centre Stage - a first! I had promoted in the SU world. It was a fun weekend and I received lots of lovely gifts and swaps - it was extremely tiring though. I'm not sure how many more I will manage.


























Had some new medication which hasn't made life easier even though it's supposed to help. Pain and lack of sleep drags you down at times - even though I do try to get on with it, join in and enjoy life and my family and friends. It just seems to have been a bit more difficult of late. I have still been doing lots, though have said no on some occasions when in past I would have said yes to everything.




We also had our windows replaced and bathroom refurbished and that has taken it's toll. I am fed up of workmen in the house and a mess and dust!!!!


My mum has recently moved to another home. She is due to move again at end of November. It is a long story that I don't wish to share on here but it is a difficult time. My brother, younger sister and I have had no say in what has happened and until this week my brother and I had no idea where mum is going next. My eldest sister, who is controlling everything wouldn't tell us. We receive no info re my mum and it is all so difficult and sad.

fun stuff

a card class
card and a cuppa
a weekend Craft Retreat - though I was very unwell
An All Day Xmas Class


Ready and waiting for class to start
 Display of some makes


Display of what the ladies made

Hard at work

Celebrated my granddaughters birthdays
met up for day with both sons and families
a craft session to make cards and baubles for elderly and lonely people
visited mum when she was still in her previous Care Home in Sidmouth
Pink Night
out with DH and friends
a surprise meal with SU ladies, organised by my Upline to celebrate my new title I had some beautiful flowers and gifts.

so not all doom and gloom :-)

But DH and I now have a nasty virus! So much for flu jabs! Before I finally succumbed I did manage to get to the first of two WI Christmas get together!
On Monday of this week I also went into my granddaughter,s class to help with some sewing. My first time back in the classroom for 12 years. It was fun, though I wouldn't wish to return to teaching.
Hopefully I will soon be over this virus and can think of preparations for Christmas.


Will be back with some more photos.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anne, the same happened to us, we got our flu shots and then 2 weeks later I get a cold from my son who gave it to all of us. I'm still not better and have had to give my swimming for almost 2 week due to it. I'm very sorry your sister is manipulating your mum around and keeping it from you and your siblings. You may have to get an attorney to help you. I'm glad you had many good things mixed in with the bad. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    *********************************************
    *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
    *********************************************

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne I am so sorry you both caught a virus and that you are having some sleep and pain issues, too, and the concerns about your mom. You and yours will be in my prayers. I enjoyed seeing your creative spaces and creations/class. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...