Wednesday 25 July 2018

WOYWW 477

Well that week went by in a blur :-) Thanks for all who visited I think I eventually got to everyone.
Cards and a Cuppa went well - there were three ladies. I am not sure what will happen in Sept, might need a new venue as the person running the Community Centre is talking about me paying for room hire. I wouldn't mind it for a class - if they advertised it but it won't work for card and a cuppa as it is just drop in - wouldn't be viable. So we will see.
Last Wednesday evening saw us collect our granddaughters from school, give them tea and then our son picked us all up and we went into Brindley Place in B'ham to the Film Festival. Watched Back to the Future 2. It was all open air and great fun. Our D.I.L. has a pitch there with her Vintage Ice Cream Van - Betsey ( she is the only ice cream seller that they allow in there) .
Betsey







Brindley Place


Friday saw us packing ready to go and visit our son in Yorkshire and his family. We were celebrating all sorts - more later.
Yesterday and today I have been getting ready for Crafternoon Tea. I am having a bit of trouble with the tiles I am using for making coasters. Have researched and got the glaze used by others but the ink was still coming off. Not sure if it's the heat. Going to leave overnight and praying all will be well tomorrow. If not I am up the creek without a paddle !!!!!

So to my work space

This is tonight ( Tuesday ) it won't change - I'd tidied up a bit as had no space left. Had been cutting card and DSP for the card and box that the tiles (coasters) are to go in - fingers crossed.

I showed the cards I made for Card and a Cuppa last week - brief explanation how ( someone was not sure what I meant.
I cut the corner from a piece of laser cut paper and used as a stencil and sponged ( different colours last week)

 Below is the negative , above the stencil.

I used both pieces to make two cards.

I stuck the stencil piece on another piece of card and then put other piece onto a backing piece.
Hope that makes sense.
Completely forgot to take a photograph other cards I made  :-(

If you are wondering why I'm showing off my desk then pop along to Our Head Desker and join in all the fun.


We set off for Yorkshire on Friday morning. Had lovely lunch with our D.I.L. and her parents and then went up to the school to see our youngest grandson, Sam,  in his Leavers Assembly. He spoke very well and we were very proud of him.



That evening we had a lovely dinner and joined by  eldest grandson Harry, Sam went out with the other leavers for dinner. Sadly our son was On Call and had to go into work.
On Saturday we all went to a Golf Club and some played golf football - much laughter.




 Afterwards we went back for lunch and chilled out ready for dinner at a lovely pub - quite high up with fabulous views.  Called The Huntsman .
We went early so that Matthew, son, could join us. Fortunately he was not called in on Saturday evening.


 View from by our table
Son, D.I.L. and grandsons.


Sunday morning saw us up early again and went to watch both boys play in a cricket match at their cricket club. Beautiful views, bacon butties and coffee watching our grandsons team win - joy.

 



The Birthday Boy






Then back for lunch, birthday cake for Sam who will soon be 11 and he was allowed to open his presents from grandparents.


 We also said Happy Birthday to out D.I.L.- her birthday at the end of the week, and then up to the pub in the village to listen to the village Brass Band. They were fabulous - thought of you LLJ :-) - unfortunately I did get sunburned - not intentionally - thought I was safe as there was some cloud. I moved when cloud all dispersed but by then the damage was done :-( I should have realised of course but there you go. I don't usually sit in the sun as I know what will happen.



Hepworth Brass Band - brilliant!









Here's their dog Ralph. It was a little cooler up at  cricket ground on Sun morning so he came with us. He was keen to field :-)



We left Yorkshire at about 5pm and had good journey home- with many, many special memories.

20 comments:

  1. My goodness, Anne.. you have gotten around to see everyone, haven't you? Your family is all doing so well, you must be so proud! Thanks for sharing all the photos of all your family fun, those boys are so handsome! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a full and funpacked week you had! shame you got sunburnt - hope it's fading now! Thanks for sharing your photos. Helen '#4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Anne, what a busy bee you have been but how wonderful to read of all your adventures. Sounds as if you have a super family around you and many happy hours spent with them all. Makes me wish I had a few loving sons or daughters.
    Glad you are having some lovely times, you deserve them.
    The Council have taken over the community centre where we have our club meetings and rumour has it the rent will treble which will make it impossible for us to meet. What is happening - so sad that money is preventing enjoyment. Hope you get somewhere to hold your little meets.
    Hugs, Neet 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab Icecream Van Anne, you have me wondering what tune it chimes out now hee hee! Your positive and negative cards are super. Regarding the ink I think the weather has been playing tricks with many resources, hope you can find a solution asap.
    Happy WOYWW Tracey #6
    P.S Your family time looks like time well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great time in Yorkshire with lots to celebrate Anne. Hope you manage to get things sorted so you can carry on with your card and a cuppa sessions. They certainly need to advertise if they want to charge you room hire. Have a great week. Sarah #13

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cor, you've had a full week!! I think there's nothing better on a summer's day than to listen to a brass band out of doors with a beer or something :-D. I love playing at fetes and the like, more so than formal concerts or contests. That stencilling worked brilliantly, I adore the results and those cards are fab, clever gal!
    Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Anne. Those two cards are lovely - well done. I like the colour combination - not one I would have thought of, but really successful. A great weekend with your family!!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #5

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those cards!
    What a busy week you've had. I have been thinking of going into Brindley Place but they are also doing the same thing in Solihull and that's a bit nearer so I remain undecided!! Pleased you had a good time.
    have another good week but a bit slower pace....
    Christine #19

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betsey is soooo cute! I just love that van! Your stencil/cards look awesome and it's fun to read about the good times you had. Warm(!) hug from Holland, Marit #21

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anne, that looks like you had a fabulous weekend. Lovely pictures. Love the cards too, very effective. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Busy as ever Anne! Some miles covered this week! I am jealous and delighted about your daughter in law’s owning an ice cream van...anti social hours I know, but ooh what fun and a beautiful model! I love the two cards, stencil and negative...lovely colours and a really nice way to use them both. Good luck with the Cards and a Cuppa venue, it’s very hard to make viable I found - not to be too negative, I found the ladies that came to that simply came to that, didnt become customers and learned it all for free really!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are gorgeous - that's a great idea and you get two cards for the effort of one!! Love it! Looks like you had a fun filled week, hope your sunburn has eased by now. Love the vintage ice-cream van - thinking of ice-cream in this hot weather is making my mouth water!
    Have a great week,
    Diana x #16

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the latest cards and what a lovely time you had with your family.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #14

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those cards are gorgeous and what lovely family memories to treasure. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice week. Love Caro x (#20)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anne, I am loving the cards. Looks like you've been having lots of fun too. Wishing you a great woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope the glaze worked. I normally use a matt varnish and try not to brush too much. Karen 23

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photos and I love your cards. Love how you used the stencil two ways and didn’t waste anything. Dorlene #34

    ReplyDelete
  18. great technique on the cards and loved the colors you used! Happy rest of the week! xo Cheetarah #28

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ann, this is a delightful post of wonderful memories of family and a good trip. I really love your cards and how you used negative and positive! Wonderful colors and just well done. Thanks for sharing. #25

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI Anne, love the look of your stencilled design and the idea of using the positive and the negative - genius!! :o)Annie #10

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...