Tuesday 12 December 2017

WOYWW 445

Well the days are flying by. I still have an awful lot to do :-( and I'm afraid that some of my cards will need to be bought ones :-( however I am not getting to stressed at what I can't get done and will take short cuts etc as needed.

I have been trying to do a few chores - realised I have probably not done enough housework and a lot of crafting etc :-) so less crafting or a cleaner is the order of the day :-)

Managed to sneak to my desk though :-) and have been crafting for myself rather than classes etc. Quite pleased with what I've managed but wish I had a bit more time.

So my work space tonight - as I have left it

I have been trying to make a special card using snowflake dies but am having trouble with the dies, so have email to SU to ask advice - it will be back to drawing board for the card.

Above are some of the makes from this week - gift bags need finishing off. There is a card for a special lady, some bits and pieces for others.

Remember the box we made at my class?


It was an exploding box and inside there was a Santa and some chocolates - only one choccy left :-)



Hope you've enjoyed looking. I am looking forward to visiting other desks - will visit as many as I can and those ending with same number as me.

Last Wednesday I was treated to a Festive Afternoon Tea - we were supposed to go in June, then October and finally managed it in December :-)
The lovely lady who treated me - it was for her birthday.




Below is the little thank you gift I made for my friend to say thank you for Afternoon Tea. 




I went back to the same place for lunch the next day with another friend - I am lucky but will never be thin !!!

We were supposed to go to Yorkshire on Saturday, take our granddaughters to see our D.I.L. and grandson in the village pantomime - the weather forecast put paid to that!!! As it has to going to visit mum today. She is now in a second care home in space of less than a week. It is a very long story, and is causing a lot of distress within the family. Poor mum. I just wish she could get settled and be happy.

The view from my front door on Sunday - it actually got worse than this. We are stuck at moment. I live on an unmade road and we don't have a 4x4 so a bit tricky :-) quite nice in a way - our son said he will get us anything we need - I feel quite old. Hope it might clear a bit tomorrow !!!


Hope you've enjoyed looking. Bit long again :-( sorry Julia
Hopefully back next week.

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad your mum is settled.. hope it all works out for your family. Nice box you made! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully a little of our snow has gone overnight but I won’t be going anywhere fast yet so let’s just stay warm and cosy and craft and create those Christmas cards....and if you don’t have time then buy some. You seem to have been very busy making wonderful things this week and I’m so sorry to hear your mum still isn’t settled happily.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne, ah snowed in.... it really does happen, eh? Looks like it will prob be white Christmas for lots of folks..
    Love your various mystery boxes.
    If your die doesn’t release well, use the stubby end of white blackout candle, I keep one by my cutting machine...
    Thanks so much for your great desky share.
    Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #2

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, you did have a lot of snow! And actually, maybe a few days of enforced rest at home is no bad thing after your crazy busy year. It must have been lovely to just stop for a bit and do what you wanted to - and don't feel guilty either!! I'm sorry that your mum was moved, let's hope she settles in the new place.
    Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Xmas makes -and I especially like the boxes! We've had some snow too - it was beautiful but less so now that it's melting. Hope you can find a suitable care home for your mum soon so she can settle. Best wishes, zsuzsa #16

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne, looks like you got even more snow than we did (first snow day from school in nearly 4 years). That box you made to thank your friend is fabulous; such clever construction skills. Hope things are more settled with your mum in this new place. Happy WOYWW Sarah #12

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many similarities between you and me at the beginning of your post - housework and the troublesome card. Then there is the snow at the end too.
    Love the box you made with the chocolates in - very clever. Wish I lived closer so I could come to your classes.
    Think about you often, Hugs, Neet 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh the thank you both is beautiful. The snow is beautiful but a pain I imagine! Have a good week!
    Ellie #25

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, your poor Mom. I hope that life does improve for you both soon.
    Our snow has been washed away now by continual rain from lunchtime onwards.
    Bought cards are ok by me .... I usually end up sending some.
    Enjoy your week
    Christine #13

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anne, i love the box with the Santa and chocolate. And the one you made as a thank you for your friend. Very cute both of them. Hope the snow doesn't get any worse for you. Have a lovely week, Heather #6

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do so wish it would snow here - despite the inconvenience :) It all looks so pretty.
    I love your makes - such a talent!
    Have a wonderful week,
    Bubbles
    #3
    https://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/woyww-445.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anne, you have been busy with all those crafty things, I like the cracker, but it is so frustrating when you can see, in your mind what you want to create, but the tools just refuse to cooperate, may be with help from SU you may be able to show us the completed project next week.
    Thanks for visiting my page and your nice comments.
    Chris #8

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your messy desk, just as it is! I also have a snowflake die that I have struggles with, it just doesn't want to cut. Frustrating! Your thank-you box of candies is awesome-where did you get the idea from? Have a wonderful week, Lindart #27

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos and gifts. Sorry for such a late visit but have a great week. Dorlene #28

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anne just popped by to wish you a very Merry Christmas. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...