Saturday 6 May 2017

Jems Blog Hop Something for the Men



Hi there. This is my first Blog Hop ever, hope I've got it right! Have to admit that I don't find masculine cards very easy to come up with! However I needed three this month. One for my husband, one for our son and another for my nephew. Today I'm sharing the ones I made for my husband and our son.

All products used are from Stampin'Up!







I saw this type of card here The Craft Spa  made by the lovely Amanda Bates. 
I used Whisper White Thick Cardstock for the base and retiring In Colour Water Melon Wonder. 
The stars and letters are in Night of Navy. 
The Sentiment is from the stamp set -  Big on Birthdays, stamped in Water Melon Wonder  
I used the  Large Letters Framelits for the letters.





For the card for my husband I used Tip Top Taupe ( another retiring In Colour for the  base, Sahara Sand  and Early Espresso. The backing paper was some I had left from one of the Christmas DSP packs.
I sponged the edges of all pieces of card and paper with Early Espresso
The sentiments were from, Guy Greetings and  Crazy About You. For the hearts I used red and gold glimmer paper. The flourishes were from the  Timeless Textures set. I stamped off first before stamping the flourishes in Early Espresso. 

I am last on the list but if you want to go back to the start of the hop click on the link below.




                           If you missed the one before me then click below to go back one.



Thanks for looking.

20 comments:

  1. Two super mens cards Anne, I would love to case the one for Son as my son's birthday is not too far away and its different to all the ones I have made for him before!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate, and CASE away, I would be honoured. x

      Delete
  2. Two great cards Anne & thanks for taking the plunge & joining in this month . . . . . here's to many more hops!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. Hope to join in again, just hope I can get the linking up right the next time. ;-) x

      Delete
  3. fantastic 3D cards, it looks very hard to make. I like the stamped off flourishes and great choice of sentiments x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Uma. Not hard at all. Go to Amanda's blog, link is in the post and there is a tutorial :-) x

      Delete
  4. Two fabulous cards Anne... so glad to see the tutorial being put to such great use! Watch my space for an update to the fold...coming soon... And lovely to have you join us this month....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cards Anne - and I hope this means you will be joining in again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab designs Anne and great to see you joining the Hop x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne, bravo on your two cards.. anyone would be thrilled to receive such a work of art! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab cards Anne, and welcome to the blog hop family x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two WOW! Cards. Love them both well done

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the hop! Lovely cards, looking forward to next month's makes!! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards! This fold is in my list to try!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cards, love this fold x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done, Anne! I enjoyed seeing more of your great work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of these are gorgeous, but I especially love the one for your husband - it's beautiful. Love the combination of colours. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two really lovely cards Anne. Keep on blogging :) k x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cards Anne love your colour combos xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...