Tuesday 18 April 2017

WOYWW 411

Hello deskers. It's been a long time, can't quite believe how long really.
 Mum has been in and out of hospital, back in at the moment - I spent Easter weekend in Somerset visiting her. In fact since I took her home after Christmas I have only seen her in hospital. I also had flu in February. Sometimes I have spent ages on telephone re mum and been too tired to blog, or knew I wouldn't be able to visit other people. So in brief that's why I've been missing. There have been some enjoyable times as well.

Any way here is my desk/work space - I am now trying to prepare for a Friday evening/ all day Saturday class in May. Had hoped to go away for the weekend for a Craft Retreat but in the end it didn't work out ( not given up on the idea altogether) so one of the ladies that comes to classes, who is a dear friend and does all catering for me said she would host the event at her home. So plan is to meet Friday evening, drinks and nibbles - a little Make and Take Project, a game and then supper. On the Saturday we will meet for breakfast, craft, light lunch, craft some more and then dinner on the evening. Well that's the plan :-)
So today I started planning so that's what is on my desk!



Planning on using Stampin Up Succulents stamps, thinlits and design paper. Unfortunately they are now on the retiring list but as I had already purchased everything I cannot change the theme. 





Above the beginnings of some of the makes. Sorry the photos are not brilliant. 



Below are the makes from my April class - based on/ inspired by ideas from Pinterest. Cannot remember where from but the top right hand corner is from Amanda Bates - The Craft Spa- she makes some gorgeous projects.



 Some of the ladies hard at work. There were ten altogether.





Above - mum in hospital time before last. She has a compression fracture of her spine. She spent four weeks in hospital, came out - fell in the kitchen and as I said back in now :-(


Below is little sausage ( Mum's great grandson - well one of them :-) - he has had more time in hospital. He has had the feeding tube for a long time now. He was quite poorly and kept pulling it out. It looks as though he will be going to Great Ormond Street to have a PEG fitted. They have also said he may have have suffered some damage because of the feeding tube, other than that he seems to be doing well. 






If you got this far thank you for reading. If you want to join in WOYWW click on the icon on my sidebar and visit the stamping ground blog and find out more.
I will visit all who visit me and those ending with same number as me.

16 comments:

  1. Yes I reached the end Anne....so sorry you've been going through difficult times. Hoping your mum's health improves soon. Good luck with the crafty evening. Hope life is kind to you.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne, lovely to see you back, so sad that your Mom is having so many problems, and you are so far away. Hopefully your Grandson will come on nicely after his trip to Great Ormond Street, they do wonderful things there. Great shots of your crafting meeting.Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #15 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping things improve for you mother and the little one. Lovely cards.
    sandra de @10

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear of all the health difficulties in your family. Hope things take a turn for the better soon all round. That diy craft retreat sounds like a great idea. Hope it all goes well. Sarah #11

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so good to see you back Anne, I knew that your absence would be due to your mum's health but I'm sorry to hear you had the flu..you must have been so tired that the bugs just leapt on you with glee. I'm glad you're well again now, go steady and look after yourself. The craft class looks great fun, you have made some beautiful stuff :-D
    Take care, hugs, LLJ 1 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to "see" you, Anne! I'm sorry your poor Mum has been unsteady and in and out of the hospital so much. She looks great in the photo eating that lovely salad! I know it is wearing on both of you to be riding that roller coaster called life right now. But it isn't stopping you from being crafty! What great plans you have, the last one was a fabulous turnout and I'll bet you ladies have a ton of fun! I just did a couple of posts on using the succulent set; I really went to town with them if the gals want a few more design ideas. It's good to see Alexis being "all boy" in spite of dealing with that pesky feeding tube. You take care of yourself now, too, my friend. I hope you own "schtuff" like your blood pressure is under control with all the worry. Lots of hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anne. Sounds as if you have more than enough on your plate. Sending healing energies to Mum and 'little sausage'. enjoy your retreat. Relax, play, eat, relax.... ;-) Creative Blessings!
    Kelly #29

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you back - you have had a time of it. Best wishes to all.x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my goodness, you have had quite a time. I am so sorry to hear that your Mum has been in and out of the hospital, and you sick. Glad you are back. Lovely cards, especially the dragonfly card. Wished I had gotten that stamp and die set. I guess I can get it another time. Thanks for sharing. #38

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, dear... you and your family really have been 'through the mill' lately... and still you manage to have a beautifully organised desk. How lucky you have good friends too - always a boon and help in tough times.
    Here's hoping you and your loved ones remain on the road to recovery.
    Wishing you well,
    Bubbles #27

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so good to be able to craft with other people but I don't get the chance too often. Hope you have a great time. Happy crafty week and wishing you a lovely woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness.. you've had quite the time of it. Sorry that your Mum hurt herself, then got better and then immediately fell again. Darn it. Your little one looks like he's growing and filling out.. I hope they can remove the tube all together soon. Thanks for popping by my blog.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes real life gets in the way of blogging doesn't it - I do hope your mum makes a speedy recovery - it sounds like you've been having a tough time.
    I love the projects and it's strange you should mention succulents, they are not plants I'm particularly fond of, but this morning I found on Pinterest cakes decorated with sugar paste succulents by Iven Kawi and they were fabulous - I was completely bowled over by them. Now seeing your images I'm feeling stirrings of interest for new ideas!
    Hope you have a good week and good luck to the little one for his PEG - hopefully it will make all the difference to him (he is a cutie isn't he).
    Diana x #6

    ReplyDelete
  14. The weekend retreat sounds like so much fun! I hope your Mom feels better soon, and don't forget to take care of yourself as well! Have fun at the retreat. Thanks for sharing, Lindart #35

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anne, I am so sorry you are going through such a difficult season in life. Please know I am cheering you on across the pond here. I am glad that you are able to enjoy some creative and happy times in the midst of the worrisome ones. I admire your work! Your mom's great grandson is adorable and I pray he will be able to thrive and that those who are taking such good care of him will be encouraged and blessed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear that your mum hasn't been well. I hope you still manage to have fun at the retreat. It is really important to self-care when you are looking after others.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...