Tuesday 29 July 2014

WOYWW 269 ( and catching up)

Hello everyone. Thought I might not make it this week either. I don't know about one week to the next flying by, the last fortnight has fled.
I will try not to make this too long ( sorry Julia if it does run over a bit)

I did intend to post last week but I ran out of time. I could not believe it when I realised I'd missed learning that I had won the gorgeous 

'Tootie Fruiti Bag'  from LLJ  - Jan that she kindly gave away to celebrate the third birthday of her blog!!! Guess what it arrived today - oh yes it did and it's fabulous. It is going to travel with me - I usually take knitting /crochet with me and in future it will travel in my tootie fruitie bag. Many thanks Jan. 



Here it is complete with the pretty card with kind words inside from Jan. 

Since my last post I've been up to Yorkshire again visiting my eldest son and family. I helped my D.I.L. make two cakes based on the Disney film Frozen and also a football shirt for Sam who was having his birthday party that weekend. His party was at a climbing centre in Brighouse and unfortunately we got a parking ticket. We had paid but it fell off the windscreen. DH appealed and it was rescinded - this time!! Cheek it was the fact that the adhesive was affected by the heat and would not stick.
My photo of one of the 'Frozen' cake has not turned out well. It looks lop sided etc but in reality was fine!!


On our return from Yorkshire I had to gear up to preparations for my Card Making Workshop. I had 9 lovely ladies attending and had not done any preparation. Knew what I wanted to do! It was a difficult week as there were family issues, I didn't feel well and I had a lot of other things that needed to be done. I was very stressed last week. Glad to say I was ready for class, some issues with family resolved and although I still have a cough I feel better than I did.




All my lovely ladies - had to split them up this time :-) no they were not naughty just needed more space.

They made a bag ( thanks to Elaine at Paper craft button for instructions) - with some pretty coloured tea lights inside , a screen card 9 thanks to Linda Parker for the idea and the final card is not the one they made but is similar- thanks to Pootles for the inspiration.


I told them to do as I said not as I did - I didn't punch the clasp bit centrally :-(





I have also made


I bought this gorgeous fabric and ribbon - don't know what I'm going to do with it yet - sure I'll think of something :-)


Oh yes I'd best show you my 'desk' have been making a card for my grandson today - can't show you yet though.



And finally as well as getting my lovely bag today I also received some gorgeous flowers by post - a thank you from my D.I.L.'s friend thanking me for helping with the cake and also heard that my nephew got engaged yesterday - on the beach at Lyme Regis. So pleased for him.

The gorgeous flowers.



I am sorry for a long post - sorry Julia will try and do better next week.
Why am I showing you my desk? Pop over to  Julia's Blog and join in!!! As always will visit those I follow , anyone who visits me and those ending with same number. Have a great week. Back soon - I hope. x

20 comments:

  1. WOW, Anne, talk about being busy and productive!! You have surely been both, and I loved seeing the pretty cards you created, lovely ladies you taught, tempting material you purchased, fantastic cake you created, and ... your desk :) Wishing you well and at peace! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anne.. goodness, you are so busy and doing so well! Life is best when we are active, don't you think? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne, you have been a very busy bee ... Summer and all, it's been perfect weather ha round here. Hope you have a wonderful week and thank you so much for visiting me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long post? ...yes but I really enjoyed my visit. :-) So much going on in your world Anne. Thanks for sharing it.
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 19

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that it got there ok...I really do use mine all the time for carting around yarn etc. it's just the right size! Hope it provides you with many years sterling service, thanks for being so supportive of my blog :-)
    It made me laugh that you had to split the ladies up. I had visions of spats and hair pulling over some of the embellishments!!
    Hugs, LLJ 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy WOYWW Anne, great projects happening at your workshop, congrats on winning Jans fabulous tote and your flowers are beautiful. Cheers and have a lovely week RobynO#29

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Im thinking that all the stresses and strains have been cancelled out by all the success and generosity that has come your way! The Frozen cake is absolutely lovely, my word, having to follow that year after year will be a challenge! I really like the cards you've made, you are a very gifted stamper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been busy and at various creative endeavors as well. I really like your ingenious cards, but am really impressed at your cake decorating skills. Happy WOYWW and Blessings!
    http://arnoldolromero.blogspot.com/2014/07/inspiration.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure what happened there, Anne. Left a comment but it has disappeared. If I have now left two - feel free to delete!!
    What a fortnight. Travel, prizes, card making, workshop, flowers... What a wonderful time. I trust the family issues are now sorted. Congrats to your nephew.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely projects.

    Lucky you winning that beautiful bag.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue 24

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you have been very busy, love the cards. Lucky you for winning the bag.
    Hope you have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x #38

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely post, Anne, and my goodness what a busy time you've been having! Lots of gorgeous photos to look at and wow at the cake. Congratulations on winning LLJ's beautiful bag, and what a lovely card she made you, too.

    Thanks for your lovely comment - I really appreciate the support and good wishes. It's been a pretty tough week all in all, and I've been resting today and feeling totally wiped out which isn't surprising. Hopefully I'll be feeling better again tomorrow and start to get back into some sort of routine.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #47

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, such a hectic time but you are so lucky winning that fabulous bag. The cake is gorgeous and an engagement as well, plus the ladies visiting, what a week you've had. Love the card bag too.
    Have a great week,
    Von
    #15

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! A lot going on! Congratulations on winning that beautiful bag. Thanks for sharing your beautiful projects. Gorgeous flowers! Thanks for stopping by earler.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab post Anne.. glad you are on the mend and sorted out the various issues .. ticket, illness, classes, cake ( looks superb image could be righted you know if you have editing program) etc.
    Well done on cards too love them all Shaz in Oz x#27

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anne, thanks for visiting me earlier.
    What a lot you have going on, those cards from the workshop are brilliant, love the screen one and the multi layered one is beautiful, is is stamped or patterned paper?
    Hope you are feeling better soon and the cough has gone.
    Bless you
    Chris #45

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah happy mail now this is what I want to hear, lucky you for winning the bag. Beautiful flowers too. Hope your week continues to improve.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're so lucky to have an LLJ bag (and it's gorgeous!). The cake is stunning and the cards too. You've been very busy : ). #37

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh you have been busy. I am quite worn out.
    I just love that cake. I loved the film too!
    Those flowers are gorgeous. I do love sunflowers though I didn't get to grow any this year!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Anne,

    Congrats on the win of LLJ's bag. She's a wonderful seamstress and I'm lucky enough to have a tote and some bunting.

    The cake is amazing! Love the ice blue color. Your class looks like so much fun. I'm glad that you enjoyed it; and I can see the participants had a great time.

    The flowers are lovely too. I hope you continue to feel better and things continue to improve. Thanks for your supportive comment, by the way!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...