Sunday, 29 July 2012

A wonderful weekend!

On Saturday we were invited to have dinner at my younger son's. We got there at about 4 and sat outside and played with the girls. Such fun. My younger granddaughter wanted me to bath her- I got a very wet leg when sh tipped some water over the side :-) While I was doing that my D.I.L prepared dinner. She had roasted a chicken which she added to bacon, long beans and bread which had all been roasted in the oven - it was delicious. I had made a Victiria Sponge so we had that for dessert. Also some lovely white wine. After dinner we settled down to watch the Olympic opening ceremony. I enjoyed it very much although I know there are differing opinions.
On Saturday I went to cardmaking class taken by Gail and she had also designed the lovely cards (haven't photogrphed them yet) I carried on crafting when I got home as well.
Today DH and I went out for lunch. We were given vouchers as a Ruby Wedding present for a lovely hotel called Netherstowe House www.netherstowehouse.com/  if you would like to have a look. We have waited a long time to go but finally managed it today. Our friends also came with us - it had been difficult trying to find a day when we could all be available to go.
It is a lovely place , originally built in 1180 and is family run. Everything about our visit their was wonderful. I had a smoked salmon and salad starter, followed by roast beef with perfect yorkshire pudding and roast potatoes and vegetables. Afterwards I had a fruit crumble with ice cream. We finished with coffee and a liqueur.
Afterwards we went to our friends house to carry on chatting :-)
A super end to a super weekend. Hope you've all had a lovely weekend as well.

Netherstowe House

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend Anne! I laughed when you said about getting your leg wet! lol!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't spending time with family just the best? We bathed our 2 littlest grandsons and we got a bit wet too. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I'm glad you had such a good weekend, Anne!
    Our weekend was mostly good as well, but after having fun roasting hotdogs around a campfire Sunday night, several folks got stung by some yellow jackets! More excitement than we wanted!! I am enjoying watching snatches of the Olympics, too. =)
    Hugs from Gracie <3

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW 415

Hello again, it can't possibly be Wednesday. Feel as though my feet have hardly touched the floor since last week. Thanks to all who vi...