Thursday 23 April 2015

This and That

I didn't make WOYWW this week- too much going on and wanted to spend time with DH this week as he was left to his own devices a bit last week. I was very busy making final preparations for my All Day Craft Class. I was also busy trying to get an outfit sorted ready for a wedding we are attending soon.
Last Wednesday I went out with three friends for a dinner at Plough and Harrow.



Yummy and great company - and because I had a birthday I got a free bottle of champagne which we all enjoyed.

The class went really well - my friend Marion put together a wonderful lunch - I forgot to photograph it all :-(

There were eight ladies all together and they all managed to finish !!




They made a Stationery Chest


Inside were cards,notelets,tags, altered notebook,gift card holder,pen,paperclip/bookmark.
 
 
Goody Bags for the ladies.
looks like I will be doing it all again as there are four ladies who missed it and want to do it :-)


On Monday we spent time in the garden - I do find it a lot more difficult now but did manage a bit.

This week I didn't get to Sugar Craft as I had am appointment for a mammogram :-( - routine check up.
Afterwards DH and I went shopping. Sat outdoors enjoying our lunch followed by an ice cream delicious.
Yesterday had my hair done and then DH and I had a gentle stroll to local pub for tea - really enjoyed it.
Today I've been making a card for youngest son for his birthday next week - need to make DH one there birthday's are a day apart. Also made the wedding card and a gift holder.

Back soon . x

6 comments:

  1. What a fun class you gave! It looks like everyone had a good time and making a stationery box is a clever idea. Sounds like all is going very well in your life.. good to hear. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne,
    So glad you and your ladies enjoyed the card chest.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had a very busy week. Good to hear that there are more ladies wanting to take your class x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day you had, Anne, and in such a lovely place too! You have had a busy time! Thank you for your sweet comment on my Gutless Bag Lady blog and you have NO NEED to feel ashamed at all - these things are relative! I got myself in a terrible state before I went into hospital because I couldn't find my lightweight dressing gown since the house move, and even lost sleep over this - my hubby said to me, "Oh for goodness sake, why don't you just buy another one?!!" Duh...

    I have also just had my routine mammogram too! I was quite worried about it because of my recent bowel cancer diagnosis, and also in view of the fact I was called back for a biopsy at the last one 3 years ago - it turned out to be a benign fibrous cyst. This time they said they'd be keeping an eye on it and would call me back if it had changed, but so far so good - hopefully all is well! These things are naturally a worry, aren't they.

    Thank you soooo much for your continuing prayers! You can have no idea how important the prayers of my many friends are to me - I recently discovered that prayer has gone up for me from 6 of the 7 continents of the world (unless there's an Emperor penguin with me on his prayer list, it's doubtful there's anyone praying in Antarctica lol!) - I have been carried along by a tide of answered prayer and can find no other explanation for how well I have coped generally with the last 4 months!

    There are bound to be blips along the way, and just when I thought this whole thing would be a doddle, my stomach changed shape and the stoma started shrinking and changing shape, and suddenly things didn't work properly any more, and I totally lost the plot!! Another appointment tomorrow a.m. at the stoma clinic. They are keeping a good eye on me and I can't wait for everything to settle down sufficiently for me to have a regular home delivery supply set up, and to actually know what I am doing!!!

    One day I shall get back to WOYWW!! There's nothing on my workdesk atm except dust.

    Shoshi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Anne! Thanks for sharing the photos of the class! It looks like a fun and productive time was had by all!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did have a busy week, Anne. Belated birthday greetings to you - sorry I missed it. Your class looks like fun and I love the stationery chest and contents. Hope you and hubby have enjoyed this week so far :) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...