Wednesday 7 October 2020

WOYWW

 Here we are again. I'm a little late and was missing last week.

I have a good reason for being away lol. 

We went to Yorkshire for a week. Our first holiday since Sept 2019, first visit to Yorkshire since Christmas.


We had a delightful cottage in the middle of nowhere but only10 mins from where our son and family live. They  come under a restricted area and we could not stop there, meet in their house or garden. The cottage came outside that area, well we could just see the sign the sign that said Kirklees. They are in Hepworth, Holmfirth.

We managed to get together, mainly outdoors, always socially distanced. Did enjoy a meal with them at local pub, we had to have separate tables. Graham and I also enjoyed a meal out. 

The cottage was the end of the this farm house. 

DH and son in the tiny garden.
The way in!




Above are the views we were surrounded by.

We just enjoyed the change and peace and quiet! 

They both work for NHS and were strict re keeping us safe. 







Above a day out with Matthew and Ralph - the dog lol 


Waiting to set off. The little girls next door made some banners.
At the end - in the garage Lol 
Well done Matthew!!!!


Another reason for going was that on Sunday Matthew ran the Virtual London Marathon. He set himself a gruelling finish. He started from and finished at home. So coming back was up a very steep hill. We followed him all the way in our car with our D. I. L. leading the way. Only took one wrong turning lol.

His eldest son ran with him at start-- he went on to play a football match. Sam the younger one ran last 6k.

I shouted, laughed and cried at various stages. He had a wonderful team of friends and colleagues supporting him at various stages.

After it was all over we sat in his garage, door open having a celebratory Cuppa. 

So proud of him and he has raised almost £3000 for The Lullaby Trust. Which is very dear to his heart as a friend of his lost her 4month old baby to cot death.


I did some crochet squares last week. 

They are for a charity project.








Last night spent two hours on Zoom crafting. Not lot of crafting done lol! My desk still looks like this - just removed the laptop.

Will be round to visit everyone. 


 

12 comments:

  1. The cottage looks really nice, you were lucky to get away for a while. I think many problems come from people who are oblivious to the virus not people like yourselves who meet up family in a sensible way. I hardly dare think what goes on at night in the city. Loving your Christmas cards, very pretty. Wishing you a very happy week and a safe and creative woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne. How lovely - a few days away - but what a fantastic reason for going. Congratulations to your son for achieving the marathon - but also for raising such a princely sum!!! What a glorious open area, and what views. Wonderful. I like the Zoom Christmas cards!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely holiday you had, lovely to see the family and especially to cheer your son on, many congrats to him! Lovely crafting as well, you have been busy!
    Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post Anne, you seem to have had a great week, huge congrats for your son’s achievement, very moving that he should support such a charity with such humongous effort. I’ve just remarked to Belinda that i couldnt possibly concentrate enough on a zoom call to do colouring - too much nattering, I tend to set myself up with a scrapbook page to do, so I can just move stuff around a bit whilst chatting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done Matthew! I think lots of people found it hard this year without the crowds in London cheering them on. Great photos - what a beautiful place to stay! Helen # 1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo that you got to go on a holiday and spent time with your wonderful family!! What a fun cottage you stayed in, I would have loved to see some interior photos. Have fun and be safe! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are fabulous Anne - what a perfect holiday location.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Matthew for completing the virtual London marathon, especially as the weather was so vile on Sunday. Glad you managed to get away for a while Anne. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done to the marathon participants!
    Looks a beautiful spot where you were staying!
    I join a crafty group in the UK every other week. I never get much crafting done as it is early morning for me and I am still in my dressing gown. In fact I may have to give it a miss soon with the changing hour.
    Happy WOYWW! Susan #7

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anne, what fabulous scenery you had, really stunning. Such a beautiful part of the country. So good you managed to get a short break and meet up within the rules. Not always easy. Love the card!Stay safe, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a lovely trip away. Pretty cards too!
    hugs
    Ellie#14

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely to be able to get away for a break, Anne, and it looks positively idyllic! I haven't been to Yorkshire since my friend moved back south, but we had some fabulous holidays up there in the Dales. So beautiful! Sorry for the late visit but I've been extremely busy this week finishing the needle books in time for the deadline.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #18

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...