Tuesday 25 February 2020

WOYWW

Not managed to get on for a couple of weeks. Life and its problems etc etc.

I did manage to do my class on the 15th Feb. Had a fun time and the ladies were pleased.

I was supposed to go and see my Mum on the 17th Feb but the weather and conditions led us to postpone. I don't think I've been forgiven yet :-(

My Aunt is in hospital, she told the Manager of her Sheltered Housing not to tell my brother and me. One of my sisters was told but has not communicated with the rest of us. My brother and I were very hurt and it has led to a lot of ill feeling and distress :-(

Had a lovely weekend, eldest son and his family came for the weekend and we spent a lot of the time with youngest son and family as well. We met up here for drinks and to catch up and plan Saturday.On Saturday we went Roller Skating - well our grandchildren and daughters in law skated, both sons and I watched. DH stopped at home as he felt a little under the weather. On Saturday evening we all made it out for dinner and then back here for dessert and games.



DH, eldest son and eldest grandson


A leisurely Sunday morning and brunch and then they set off home for Yorkshire ( eldest son that is, the youngest lives round the corner. It was very quiet here afterwards :-(

So to my desk. I have tidied up a little as I want to be ready to craft again tomorrow.




Making a card for our son, well trying to.

 Looking up the table




Actual desk


 Card I made for DH.





Make and take for the Craft Group I went to




Below ready for my class on the 15th Feb, it is tidy sometimes lol





 Ladies at work






Flowers I had ordered to take for mum - I have enjoyed looking at them but wish they had gone where intended.



Better stop there. I will visit as many desks as I can. If you want to know more about WOYWW then click on the link at the side of my blog.

Hope to be back next week.

12 comments:

  1. Your story of your aunt and your sister keeping the secret was not nice. It reminded me of one of my past hurts. My ex-stepfather, who we adored, was failing and in the hospital. His current wife called my older sister and told her. But she did not tell me and my younger sister. SHE went to visit him and he still knew her. She told us when she got home and by the time mom and my sister got there he was very near death and did not recognize us. I never forgave my sister for keeping that from us. Well.. I forgave her but never forgot her selfishness. But don't let it get you down.. it's your sister who did a wrong thing, not you. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that you have family dramas, every family has them, some worse than others. chin up you have us here. Looks like an interesting gathering with lots done'
    Bridget #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it is hard when they don't understand...and lets face it, you don’t postpone for no reason. I feel your frustration. As for your Aunt, well look at it positively..if she doesn’t want you to know, it’s one less worry, several less visits you have to squash in! Your desk and dining table are a delight. I love the colour range of the stored ink pads on your desk, makes me smile just to see it, and some lovely card artwork above, very. Good on the eye I must say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh bless you. What a time you're having. It's important that you don't take it all to heart my friend. It was probably all part of the aging process that made Aunty not want you to know so try not to dwell on it. Families can cause such a lot of heart ache.
    Sending you big hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anne, such a shame for you that you couldn't visit, but with how the weather has been, it would have been a foolish risk. Just hard to make an elderly lady understand, I'm sure. Families, eh? Looks like the craft group was enjoyed, love the card you made for hubby. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always nice to get together with family but it can be difficult when weather conditions stop us in our tracks, we can only do so much. Sounds like you had a good weekend, I find it quiet when everyone leaves too.
    Beautiful makes from your class, I love that Poppy. Keep looking at those flowers, they never went to waste there will be another beautiful bouquet for your Mother. Happy WoywW Hugs Tracey #7

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to have you back with us Anne, you have been missed.
    Families! We wouldn't be without them but oh they can be a bother at times. So sorry you didn't get to see your mum, the weather has not been conducive to travel has it and very sorry that your aunt asked for the rest of the family not to be told. It is things like that that can cause a lot of hurt unfortunately.
    However, glad you had a nice time with your sons and their families but sad that hubby was not feeling well, hope he is better now.
    Lovely photos of your crafting, I do like the Valentine card especially.
    Hugs, Neet 9 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can never please everyone Anne and keeping families straight is one of the hardest things there is sometimes. So just make sure that you and DH are ok, life is too short. The flowers are beautiful and you can take an equally lovely bunch when you do visit your mum when the weather is better. Lovely cards btw and it looks like you had fun with the crafting ladies!
    Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos here this morning. Happy WOYWW!
    Glenda #18

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its always lovely to see family and enjoy them, Sorry to hear about our family problems and hope they are solved soon, Great flowers,

    Lilian b # 12

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pleased to hear you had a nice time with your family but you should forgive your Aunt, I'm sure she will have had her reasons and I'm sure your mum will get over it. Have a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do have a lovely work space for your ladies Anne. Sorry that the visit to your mum had to be postponed. Hope your aunt is out of hospital soon. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...