Wednesday 4 December 2019

WOYWW

Oh dear my poor blog, neglected for so long :-( where does time go? I guess life happens and you get caught up in so many things something has to give. There have been several times I was going to post but then knew I'd be unable to comment on other posts and also felt so worn out, didn't have the energy!

Craftwise I held a Thursday  evening class decorating Advent Calendars - a lot of fun with mulled wine, mince pies etc.
 My All DayChristmas was successful. Lots made. Everyone bought along something towards lunch as my friend who usually does lunch had to do the Craft Fair at the Community Centre. I foolishly said I would make some cards etc and DH went and looked after my table. Turnout was poor and it really was all too much.

I decided that I would have to delay an afternoon for charity until the new year.

 I am going to put a few photos of makes etc.

My desk this morning - making deer for more Christmas Cards whilst waiting for new bed to be delivered!

Will visit as many desks as I can.




I have been to Yorkshire to visit eldest son and family - a great weekend just chilling out!  However I came back to the news that Auntie had fallen. She went out despite my brother offering to shop for her, fell while out. He got her back and settled. That was on Sunday - two weeks ago. On  the Monday she fell out of bed, was not wearing her alarm, could not reach the pull cord so lay for 15 hours undetected. She didn't break anything but spent over a week in hospital. It was dire in A&E so many waiting to be seen or for a bed. Because she still has her faculties ( though can barely see) she told everyone she could manage and wanted to go home. She still refuses to wear the alarm, is no longer allowed to turn cooker on - she is a danger to herself and other residents. The Manager had no choice - they have had fire brigade out in the past because of her. She refuses to have proper care. I dread what will happen next.

At the moment I am crafting just for me and enjoying it!

Below is a Stuffed Envelope for a swap I joined in with.


Some of cards for Craft Fair

More bits for Craft Fair



The Advent Calendar plus other bits.

Ladies at work!




The things I made at The Craft Retreat and then used ideas for my All Day Christmas.


10 comments:

  1. I love the snowman and santa gift boxes in the last photo - is there a template for that as they'd go really well on the WI stall next year. I knitted 60 Ferrero Rocher covers this year and I'm not doing that again! It's so tricky doing craft fairs isnt' it? YOu just never know how they're going to turn out. I'm sorry to hear about your aunt, it's very difficult doing what's right and safe for them and what they actually want. I sympathise. But you have to look after yourself Anne, otherwise you'll go bang. I'm glad you've got your crafting ladies to have fun with!
    Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing a whistle stop tour of all my fav blogs before starting to sew the 3 Memory bears I've got lined up ready so please excuse it being a speedy visit.
    So sorry to hear about your Aunty....old age is a b***** isn't it?. I love all your crafty makes....such a shame if they don't fly off the table for you.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #11

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lovely crafty items Anne - I love the little Santa a and snowmen boxes. Hope your Aunt makes a good recovery - it is such a worry when they really want to be independent but aren't quite up to it. Let's hope she can keep safe. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne, so sorry to hear about your Aunt, this must be such a worry for you. Lovely to see all the goodies you made, and I see many people say that Craft Fairs have been poorly attended, I think often they don't get publicised as much as they need.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #15 X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at all those beautiful Christmassy makes - they are all so lovely. So sorry to hear about Auntie - I really hope that this accident will persuade her to wear her alarm. Gran was really disciplined about hers which meant that they got to her straight away and that can make all the difference. Good luck with the attempts to persuade her. Happy WOYWW. Take care, With Love & God Bless Caro xx (#5)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really sad to hear of your Auntie, such a worry for everyone, I hope you will soon be able to find a safe and happier solution for everyone.
    I'm not surprised you have been awol from your blog Anne just look a all the wonderful things your have created during your absence. Fabulous. Thank you for sharing WoywW Tracey #8

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your Aunt. This is so familiar and almost identical to what happened with my mum but she was outside for a few hours before anyone found her and very lucky though she did break her hip as she went down she now has strict instructions not to go out as she was just putting newspapers in the bin. Lots of gorgeous projects and love the cards. Beautiful busy desk and lots of lovely colours. Love the photos too. Have a great woyww, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant array of Christmas crafting Anne. Sorry to hear about your Auntie, I hope she will wear her alarm now that she has experienced the consequences of not wearing it. Hope you find some more time to relax too. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see you, Anne, and all your delightful creations! I'm really sorry about the pickle everyone is in because of Auntie. It's sadly common and just plain sad for everyone. I hope I'm more sensible with alarms and what not when I get to that point, but I guess we never know until it happens to us. I wish you Happy Holidays! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Anne, you have been producing some amazing things and a lot of them! Bravo! I would love to send you a card and give you my address - can you email me and we'll share info? teresa.kasner @ gmail.com (remove the spaces in the email.) ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...