Wednesday 7 August 2019

WOYWW

Here we are again, another Wednesday! Thank you for the lovely comments left last week.

I have had a fairly quiet time since last Wednesday. DH and I went out to lunch and did a little shopping. Nothing exciting! Lunch was very enjoyable though, it was a lovely day and the surroundings soothing ( Garden Centre)
It was very warm and the sun was hot when it came from behind the clouds!




This was a display put together to attract bees. So pretty.

I have been crafting for me and trying to clean the house. Working my way from top to bottom! :-)
Last Thursday saw three ladies come to craft. They were catching up with the others from couple of weeks ago! An enjoyable evening!

It involved cake and a drop of wine!




We had a surprise invite to our youngest son's on Saturday. They had all arrived home from their holiday and we were invited to share a take away with them and my son's M.I.L.  A lovely evening - we were not allowed to lift a finger!

So to my desk!


Not very exciting. I had been trying to get a layer of tape that had been  stamped on, off  the box- (I'm sure there is a name for this type of box , though this was quite roughly made)! It took a while as it has been at least five years since I paid a few pennies for it at the Craft Barn I used to go to! Some peeled off easily, some stuck fast. Hope to share next week what I suddenly had a mind to use it for!
So that is all for now. Look forward to visiting everyone!



12 comments:

  1. I love surprise get togethers like that...we did the same at our son's house on Friday night. I will be looking forward to seeing what you do with the box next week.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a nice surprise to get a last minute invite to family Anne. The garden centre looks relaxing. I think the box is called a printers tray, look forward to seeing what you do with it. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yes wine and cake always keeps those crafty ideas flowing. Looks like a great day had by all. Love that display for the bees, my intention is to have a garden full of Bee & Butterfly friendly flowers.
    Good luck with the clean up, i've been making my way around the house too.. It's not an easy task.
    Thanks for sharing WoywW Tracey #8

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne, pics look great, looks like a good day. That box reminds me of the wooden cutlery trys that we all used to have- before plastic became the 'in' thing! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anne, it looks as if your crafting ladies had fun, it is so nice doing craft in a group sometimes, and learning from one another, if not too much wine is drunk.
    Chris #6

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous desk Anne. I bet you all had fun too. I love having craft days, especially in winter when the days can feel long. Garden centres are great places to visit if even for the lunches or afternoon teas. Have a Good Week. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. cake, wine and crafting...it doesn't get much better than that! Enjoy your week. Dorlene #24

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of crafting with cake and wine! Great fun. I look forward to seeing what you do with the tray once it is all cleaned up. Take care and have a good week. With love & God Bless, Caro x #12

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like you've had a good week, though. I have done hardly anything crafty lately. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice to be invited for a fun time with your family returning from holiday, I bet they had lots of fun stories to share. Your organizer box is nice, are you going to paint it? Enjoy your week. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I’m late! lovely tidy garden centre to have lunch at, it is a nice way to be together isn’t it. Glad to see an evening session going on, and for people to be catching up from being at another event of yours is great..means they like the idea of craft and chat. All good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Food, drinks, friends and crafting, that sounds like fun. Happy belated WOYWW! #26

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...