Tuesday 30 July 2019

Where did July go????

It has flown by! I last blogged nearly four weeks ago! Life has been hectic!

So what have I been up to?
Two Card and a Cuppa meetings! Over now for the Summer. I did have a new lady attend the last one but don't think it was for her!Long story.

A lot of time was spent preparing for a Craft Fair- it was not brilliant. I did sell a few things but generally not enough people! WI had a stall and did well- funds all going to 'Blood Bikes' we had a talk from them and were astounded that they are a Charity, completely dependent on donations, fundraising etc.



We also met up with both sons and families at Carsington Water- had a BBQ and the kids all went kayaking,a super day.


 I went out for a meal with some WI friends, had lunch with some Sugar Craft friends. One of them holds a 'Garden Party'. We all take something towards lunch. Her garden is gorgeous and big! She is 85 and apart from having someone come and cut down anything major she does the garden herself.

Have held two classes - well same class twice :-) - it would seem that everyone had fun! :-)

Granddaughters are now on holiday. The eldest as now finished at Primary School - we really enjoyed her Leavers Assembly. The youngest will go into Year Five - we enjoyed hearing her play her cello in end of term concert.

There may be more but I'm sure you are well and truly fed up if you've got this far!

So to my desk. I have been doing some crafting just for fun of it! I haven't staged it for WOYWW but had just cleared up a bit - looking for something :-)





Both sons sorting out the BBQ :-)



'Our Encampment' :-)


Ralph- probably sniffing those burgers etc, not that he was allowed any


Grandsons - ready to take to the water


A friend of mine went to a steam punk/fantasy wedding. She asked if I could make a card that had gears, purple etc. I actually had no idea but I did this and she was happy with it. Also put together a 'fascinator ' for her to wear. She made an amazing cake for them. 



We had Phoebe for the day - hottest day last Thursday. She wanted to make a scrapbook. I found an old book and she raided my craft stash to decorate the front.


Part of my friend's garden.


We made some of these cards at class





Think I had better stop there or Julia will throw me off :-)

I will be round to visit later.

18 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back Anne. You certainly have been busy since the last time we saw you. Looks like the BBQ at Carsington Water was fun. Love the purple steampunk wedding card. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #9

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm taking a quick break from cutting squares for my quilt and enjoying a coffee while I catch up on a few of my favourite blogs.
    I enjoyed catching up with all your family together times.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #10

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely summary of the past 4 weeks, Anne. Looks like you've been busy. The steampunk inspired card is cool - as are the two grandsons! Cute doggie too! I always fall for other people's dogs, LOL! Have a lovely week! zsuzsa #16

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading all your 'ramblings' and learn what you all did last month, illustrated with photos and all! Happy woyww and a big hug from Holland, Marit #15

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful, newsy post - great photos AND some card-making thrown in for good measure!
    Happy WOYWW :)
    Claire, no. 2

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely to see you enjoying life! That steampunk card is amazing - I bet it went down very well at the wedding. You are clever!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you've been busy, so much going on here. The cards are lovely that were made at the class and the Steampunk one too. Whatever you are do today have a lovely woyww, Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  8. well no wonder you haven't had time for us, lol. looks and sounds like you have been fabulously busy! love the steampunk wedding card. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy WOYWW #530 great desk you have been very busy! xx Jan (21)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you've had some great times!
    Wonderful cards! That steampunk one is pretty cool!
    Have a great week!
    Carol N #20

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like all is going pretty well and happy for you all. Your grandsons are so handsome! Thank you for the kind words regarding the loss of my dear sister.
    ((hugs)), Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. On top of all the normal life stuff, you’ve been so busy, how lovely. So great to see we’re all making as much as we can of the summer. If you’re not familiar, I think you did a grand job with the steampunk card and love all the samples you did for the workshop, how nice to be able to repeat it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab post Anne - so many gorgeous cards. I love the Steampunk one. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pink and black theme on your cards - very effective.
    Sounds as if you have been enjoying yourself - why not - do it whilst you can - I never thought I would end up like this when I was enjoying myself last summer. (You can gather, the back is bad - am now fed up with the doctors so despite them saying "no" am going to visit a chiropractor.)
    Lovely job with the Steampunk theme - I love steampunk so shout if you have to do one again - I have lots of stamps.
    Hugs, Neet xx 1

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anne, good to see you. I've noticed many people doing craft fairs saying they are poorly attended, most seem to think they are not advertised well enough. Love the cards you made, looking fab. Hope your Mom is well? Really late this week, spent most of yesterday afternoon in A&E, as the breathlessness wasn't easing off. They gave me IV Antibiotics & steroids, and some nebulisers, which has helped, but it's still not what it should be. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow a lot of great photos! I used to do craft shows too but they were always hit or miss so I decided to take a break from them. It seems that people were buying the "Tupperware" type business items instead of actually hand crafted items, which I thought was weird because I would always bypass the "store" type booths and go directly to the handcrafted ones. To each their own...Have a great week. Dorlene #22

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had a wee ramble too this week but it's so nice to see you back. Sorry i'm so late been trying to catch up and tripping myself up along the way. It's a real shame about the craft fairs, a lot of love, time and extra effort is put into making things and the turn out are no so poor. I do hope it will go back to how things used to be.
    Happy belated WoywW Tracey #14
    P.S Fabulous Steampunk card btw x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Smashing post today, love all the variety of your 'doings'.
    You did very well with that Steampunk card, I love steampunked cards - whole box of stamps with another of papers and embellishments!!!
    Have a good week
    Look out for an email as I have decided to get the Dinosaur Stamps.
    Christine #23

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...