Tuesday 7 May 2019

WOYWW 518

Time has flown since last Wednesday!

I was really busy getting ready for family to arrive to celebrate DH's birthday ( it was actually on 30th April but couldn't get everyone together then)



Eldest son Matthew, D.I.L.Carolynn and youngest grandson Sam arrived on Saturday lunchtime. ( eldest g'son was away on Sports Tour with School - those who played in teams for the school were invited to go to Glasgow. They trained with St Mirren amongst other sports related activities)




After lunch we met up with Jonathan, Sarah and granddaughters Ella and Phoebe at a local RSPB Reserve for a walk, followed by coffee at Jonathan's house.









On Sunday morning we went to watch Ella play football, she was named 'Man of the Match'







Sarah and Jonathan

Above Matthew, Carolynn, DH and yours truly.



Above is Harry when he got home on Monday evening - very tired!




Saturday evening was at ours. Champagne and Pizza followed by cake - made for DH by my friend. I decided to not stress re getting everything done and asked her to make it.

On Sunday we out for a late lunch/early dinner. It was at a lovely venue and everything was perfect.

Afterwards we returned to our house and at Sarah's (D.I.L.) request Graham showed some of the slides he took many years ago. So me when I was 17 and upwards ;-) , Matt and Jo as babies and growing up etc etc. They were fun to look back at and caused a lot of laughter.



Final photo on Monday morning :-)

On Monday morning we went to Jonathan's again for coffee and more birthday cake! Then we had to say goodbye to Matthew and co and they went back up to Yorkshire. :-(  It was so quiet here afterwards.I love them all being together.

So there has been very little crafting. I then realised that today was Tuesday - not Monday and it is Card and a Cuppa Wed morning. Had to set to and design a card etc. We also had the girls after school.

I also made one/ two Thank you cards that are for a Charitable cause - need to make more yet.

I did tidy up a bit afterwards. Again I then remembered it's Tuesday and needed to photograph my desk . So it has been tidied.


So my desk and surrounding area :-)


A view along the table




So if you don't know what WOYWW is please pop along to Julia's Blog and find out more! and join in!

I will be along later to visit as many desks as I can.

14 comments:

  1. Your desk looks like you could find everything you needed and it's ready and waiting to start the creative day! Happy WoywW Tracey #5
    P.S Happy Belated to DH what a fabulous Family Selfie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful family time you’ve had, the photos are a treasure, hope Graham enjoyed every second of his celebrations. He wouldn’t have been able to if you were stressed about stuff, so you were quite right to delegate some of the tasks , and the cake looked lovely didn’t it. Bet it was delicious. Your grid paper struck me this morning, with that beautiful flurry of flowers printed on it. Always thought that those pads were one of the best things about being a SU demo, and now they’re printed, it makes me swoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne, these Bank Holidays do cause some confusion, I agree. Lovely photos, and you all look to have had a fab time. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, priceless family times are the best, eh? Glad he had such a good birthday celebrations - the cake looked amazing!! Nice to see a colourful desk in action!
    Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely family weekend you all had. How proud you must have been of Ella to be named Man of the Match. Some lovely photos to remind you of more happy times for your family.
    Love how tidy you keep your desk and that squared paper with the flowers on the side is lovely and inspirational. Is it paper or something more permanent?
    Hugs, Neet 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very tidy desk but lovely photos of your special family together times.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #12

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looks like everyone had a wonderful time and the cake looks awesome...yum!
    Glenda #21

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great family gathering - I love to see that. A wonderful clean desk as well - WOW ... Thank you ever so much for sharing

    Kind regards
    Mariane #30

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely photos of a lovely family occasion. Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW and have a great week. With love and God Bless, Caro x (#17)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really enjoyed looking through all those lovely photos. You have had a great celebration, and that cake looks luscious. Hank you for sharing it all with us. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter) #24

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anne, lovely family photos. Looks like you all had a wonderful birthday celebration. The dotty table covering is great! Just what I need for my side desk! Have a lovely week Heather x #11

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos and the cake looks scrummy. Desk looks like you're about to be busy too. Have a great woyww and a lovely crafty week too, Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry for the belated comment, I went straight to bed after work yesterday feeling lousy. Sounds like you had a great weekend with family Anne. Love the candid wide desk shot. Happy WOYWW> Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  14. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to your husband! What a great family you have. You look gorgeous in the photos.. I'm glad you shared pictures of yourself. Have a super week, my friend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...