Tuesday 23 April 2019

WOYWW 516

Phew another week gone in a flash!
Last Wednesday saw our grandbaby guinea pig arrive for a stay! :-) our youngest son and family have been away for Easter ( sadly not had the best weather! ) Eldest son and family also away in Orlando!

Easter Saturday was the Crafternoon Tea for the bride to be. It all went better than I could have hoped for. It was brilliant that we could sit outside for the tea part.
Everyone had fun and we got all the flowers made, that  the Bride wanted for her tables at the Reception.

DH and I had a quiet Easter Sunday. I was pleased with the roast lamb I cooked for a very, very late lunch - well Dinner really!
On Monday we went to local Garden Centre for lunch and to look for a statue for the garden. We went on to a second one that has a lovely lake and fairy walk. We sat and watched all the goings on, including cute ducklings. After a while we walked around the lake looking as the 'fairy homes'

Today I managed to get to the hairdresser for a much needed visit. I had to cancel a fortnight ago when I was unwell. Hair was a right mess. Feel better now and treated myself to a manicure!

On my return I thought I'd best sort out what I am going to make with the ladies at class on Saturday.

So my workspace tonight ( it's Tuesday )






Getting started


The Bride, her mum and a cousin.

This time with the cakes :-)

All done. Gifts for everyone!
 The Bride with her mum and sister.

All the finished flowers- daisies and kusadama flowers.

The aforementioned lake.
 Two of the fairy houses!


So that is it for now. I look forward to visiting lots of desks.
Want to know what WOYWW us about then click on button in my sidebar.


18 comments:

  1. It looks like Easter has been a good one at your house. Looks like a lot of fun and I love the fairy houses especially the crate boxes. I’ve used them myself in the past as display units

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely happy way for a bride to spend an afternoon, such a grand idea Anne! Perfect weather for afternoon tea on the patio too. Aren’t the fairy houses sweet...someone has spent a lot of time on those, what a pleasure to walk round and enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to spend Easter Sunday for the Bride to be, lots of happy smiling faces and lovely creations. Hope the Guinea Pig enjoyed his/her stay over, such a shame about the holiday weather :(
    Love those Fairy Houses... Happy WoywW Tracey #5

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to enjoy a crafty day making things for the Wedding....and what lovely results too. Love the fairy houses and know 6 little people that would love them too.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the crafternoon tea went so well Anne. It certainly was the best weather for enjoying the tea part outside. Thanks for reminding me, I must phone the hairdresser for an appointment myself. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ann, love the fairy houses! So good you had great weather for the flower making, lovely wasn't it? Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that's exactly the sort of hen party that I would have! What a lovely way to celebrate with family and friends, the tea looked scrumptious! And I enjoyed seeing the little fairy houses too, how cute were they? I'm glad you're feeling better and enjoyed the haircut and manicure :-)
    Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic idea and looks like a wonderful time was had by all. The fairy houses are adorable. Happy WOYWW and have a great week, with love and God Bless, Caro x (#20)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a perfect time you all had! the fairy houses look fab. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy WOYWW #516 thanks for the visit xx Jan (33)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely post, Anne - so full of happiness and fun! I love the idea of a "crafternoon tea" lol! The flowers look amazing, and as for the cakes... well, we won't go there or Shoshi will undo all the good she's done round her waistline over the past months!! It sounds as if you had a lovely Easter. Ours was quiet and I didn't cook anything special.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #19

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ann. That was interesting watching your class at work. I am just planning some projects for a Hen Party in June. Guess it's that time of the year. Hope you've had a great woyww, Angela x21x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have had such h a busy week. Those flowers look beautiful, and what a lovely idea for everyone to get together to make them xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter) #26

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anne, You have been busy, but at least that keeps you out of mischief:) LOL

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #8

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely Easter you had and fabulous weather too - it all looks perfect. The little fairy houses are delightful and I am yearning for one in my garden now - I'll have to get hubby to get the tool kit out!
    Hope you have a lovely week,
    Diana x #21

    ReplyDelete
  16. How absolutely fantastic! Love the flowers you all made - you are a clever lot! The wedding promises to be wonderful judging by the photos you posted - and what a pretty bride.
    Glad the hair trim and manicure helped brighten you up a bit - surprising how something like that does perk one up.
    I take it from your comment on my blog you will be at the Crop - see you there then - now what about those atc's?
    Hugs, Neet 18 xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad all went well for bride squad Ann, and that certainly looks like everyone had a grand time and really made some very lovely flowers too.
    Happy belated WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your post is full of fun and promise for the soon-to-be married bride. You really have a lot of love in your family. How nice the tables will have handmade flowers.. a nice idea. Enjoy the wedding! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...