Tuesday 17 July 2018

WOYWW 476

Hello again. I'm afraid that I didn't manage to get to many desks last week but think I did visit all who came to see me. I fully intended to via my phone as we set off for Sidmouth, Devon on Wednesday last week to see my mum, I lost track of time and hence my poor attempts at visiting desks. I will try better this week. I was crafting on my lap as I was in the car last weekend when I posted :-)

So we got back late on Friday evening and I felt very tired ( physically and emotionally drained) and did very little on Saturday. Sunday saw us going to see our youngest son and granddaughters. A lovely time in the garden having ice cream, playing and painting pebbles.
 Yesterday ( it is Tuesday evening at the moment) saw me doing a few chores and then crafting , preparing for Card and a Cuppa tomorrow. Classes at the Centre finish this week for the Summer holidays so no more there until September - though not sure yet how that will pan out as they want to change the arrangement :-(

Today more crafting I needed a few cards for family and friends so have been doing those. Last night I went to a WI meeting. It is ok but I feel they could do so much more.

So my work space tonight - it will be the same tomorrow

 So the part you can see is not too bad.
 However I did put stuff onto the sideboard ready pack for tomorrow.The cards are a two for one. We will sponge using a laser cut paper as a stencil and use the paper and the negative to make two cards - hope that makes sense. I saw this done on Pinterest I think and used the idea with a couple of other touches of my own.
 The card above is for my D.I.L. - she has a new job. Also saw this one online somewhere and liked it - just a couple of differences,
The one above is for a colour challenge.
Well hope to visit a lot more of you this week. why not join in , just click on link on my sidebar to get the details.

As I said earlier, DH and I went to see Mum. On our arrival I was pleased to see that she seemed quite well despite a fall she had on the previous Saturday - thankfully no broken bones this time. We stayed in a lovely B&B not far from the seafront. You could easily walk into Sidmouth - we crossed a wooden bridge over the River Sid and walked along The Byes. On the Friday we walked in the other direction - just beautiful alongside the river. We'd hoped to spot a Kingfisher but it did not oblige.
On the Thursday we took Mum out to a lovely hotel on the seafront and we had tea and cake. She was tired afterwards but seemed to enjoy it.
On Friday we had lunch with her at the Care Home and stayed until about 6pm. Had afternoon tea on the decking outside her room. I washed and styled her hair , walked around the decking with her and sorted out a few things. It passed very quickly. I am hoping to go for a bit longer the next time. We were sad to say goodbye to each other.

 Above Mum and me. Below across the road - the sea!

Loved this display by our table.

Just outside her room - she has french doors from her room onto the decking. DH is in middle of munching cake :-) behind him is part of the day room which is lovely. I forgot to take a photo after her hairdo - she liked it though.
Our view from the decking.

The River Sid, gently bubbling along at this point.

where we stayed - a lovely house. It's garden went down to the river.



Looking along the front on Wednesday evening. I think everyone was watching the football match :-)
Look forward to catching up with you all.

21 comments:

  1. Your visit with your mum looked like she enjoyed having her girls with her. Her facility looks very nice! You look very pretty in the photo! Have a nice week ahead. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you had a good trip with your mum, even if it was short. she seems to be settled now which is good. what a lovely outlook.
    Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fun time out with your mom , pretty cards you made too happy woyww hugs Nikki 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to have French windows to be able to walk out and sit in the sunshine. You must be happy with the home she is in, it looks and sounds lovely. Great to see her (for you and for us) but always sad to leave I guess.
    Love all the photos of Sidmouth and your cards, do like the lady with the balloons, but need to read again about the other ones to fully understand. Maybe it is too early for me as yet.
    Have a great week
    Hugs, Neet 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to see your mum doing so well after her ups and downs, the care home looks a lovely place and what a spot to be in! I like Sidmouth a lot, lovely little town with a buzzy vibe. Your cards are lovely as ever and I hope the workshop went well!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne, glad that your mum is no worse for her fall and that you had a good visit. It looks a beautiful setting all round. Hope your last card and a cuppa goes well. Sarah #16

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah. Thanks for popping by. Mum certainly in lovely area, just wish it was nearer. X

      Delete
  7. It looks to be a lovely home where your mum’s living. I hope she’s really happy in there. You’ve made some really lovely cards this week too.....busy times.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #13

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've had such a busy week i'm surprised you managed to catch a creative moment. Sweet cards, I never think of looking on pinterest for ideas, it's just a space I throw finished creations onto and then run hee hee!! Good to hear your Mom was ok after her fall, those goodbyes must be hard to say at the end of your visits.
    Thanks for sharing WOYWW, have a super week Tracey #7

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anne, lovely photos of your visit. How lovely your Mom has that decking outside her room. It looks a very pleasant place indeed. Liking the cards a lot, what a great image that is. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Card and a cuppa sounds a good idea - love the cards for it. And super photos of your precious time with mum. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a good day - Hazel, WOYWW #18 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anne, visiting your mum is far more important than visiting us so I shouldn't worry. Lovely photos and the cards are fun too. Have a great creative week and happy woyww, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a busy woman! What a nice visit with your mum and in such a beautiful location! Have a great week!
    Carol N #24

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just love the photos of you and your Mum. The room looks amazing with a lovely balcony. How nice for her. The cards are really sweet as well. Thanks for sharing. Caro x (#31)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's interesting to see how color and patterns can change the look of a stamp. It looks like you had a great time with your Mum. Happy WOYWW and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How nice to be able to visit your Mum, and in such a pretty place! You look like you have been very busy with your cards, lovely! Have a wonderful week! Lindart #29

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy WOYWW. Your life sounds very busy. Hope you get some rest, as well as some crafting time. Your mum is living in a beautiful place - how wonderful to have a sea view. Ali x #33

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you had a good visit by the sea with your mum, Anne! I know this season in life is especially tiring and I am cheering you and yours on for giving each other your best. I admire your cards, too :-) Thanks for keeping in touch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your mum's home looks lovely and how nice for her to have such a relaxing view when she sits out on the decking. Your cards are lovely and I hope you had a good workshop.
    Have a great week,
    Diana x #17

    ReplyDelete
  19. It sounds like you had a great day with your mum. She looks great too. Lovely views by her place, beautiful cards you shared too. I have to say I love the polka dot cloth on your craft area, because it is my favorite color! Cheers! #37

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can you send me an email re the tea bags and I will write it all out for you.
    Hugs, Neet xx
    achickson@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...