Wednesday 9 December 2015

WOYWW

I'm very late posting. To be honest I was not going to but have found a bit of time for me:-)
Didn't make it last week as it was day/ evening of the Craft Fair - I knew I'd never find time to visit fellow dealers.
The Craft Fair was successful. Made a little bit of profit on materials but a lot of work beforehand that you don't get paid for - and most people want something for nothing. Had a fun evening though and there were posh canapes and wine served all evening. DH and my friend came with me so a lot of laughter!
So not my desk but my stall!




On Thursday we went up to Yorkshire for weekend. D.I.L was Baroness Rubella Hardup in village panto and eldest grandson was a dancer. Youngest son and family and Carolynn's parents and other d.I.l.'s mum all came- quite a party! My D.I.Land grandson were brilliant.



On the Friday our son took us to lunch and collected their Christmas tree. Below our lunchtime view- beautiful.


Arrived home Sunday. Been doing deep clean, getting decorations out, sorting cakes and cards.
Will try and visit lots of you. May not all be tonight.

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your craft fair. And made profit! I had fun doing them over the years.. but have more fun NOT doing it.. lol! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craft fairs are never money makers but I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! Your DiL is a hoot, she looks fab!!
    Hugs LLJ 16 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had some gorgeous pieces in your stall! I'm glad you were able to make a little profit on the materials, which is a real plus. I've done arts and crafts shows before, so I know exactly what you mean about some people wanting something for nothing. I don't think they all understand the creativity and craftsmanship that goes into each piece. I love those whimsical costumes and the view from your lunchtime is amazing. Thanks for your visit and enjoy your decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend does two of these craft fairs a year, and she told me she made enough to pay for the stalls she had to rent. Exposure is everything, I guess, but it sounds like you did something right at least. And had fun doing it, too.

    I so enjoyed the photos of your DIL. What a fun person she must be. Thanks for the earlier visit. Happy WOYWW from #1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've been having fun.....fab photos.
    Thanks for calling by at mine.
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 17

    ReplyDelete
  6. I 'did' a few craft fairs last year and you are so right: people don't want to spend money and you never get payed enough (even if you only ask for the material-costs...) I decided to don't do craft fairs anymore (or only when I think I might have a fun day with a friend - not perse to make a profit...) Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, happy woyww and a hug from Holland, Marit #19

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got started late this week also but instead of blowing it off I went ahead and posted. Glad you made a profit from the craft fair. I always enjoyed participating in them. Look like the gala was a hoot and you DIL looks great! Thanks for sharing and visiting my blog already. Have a great week. VIckie @48

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated WOYWW. Your stall looked great. You certainly sound busy. Hope your Xmas preparations are going better than mine! Ali x #39

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems like you had a really good time and like a small vacation. I love the costumes you had and it waits for me as soon, we will have a costume Christmas party at our www.stilusessaywriting.com office. Have to make a costume or just choose at last who I'm going to be.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...