Wednesday 21 March 2012

WOYWW 146 and my mum

will start with my desk as I know that's the whole point of the exercise. If you have time to read on I'll tell you more about my mum

Wednesday again - seems only five minutes ago that I was putting WOYWW 145. What's it all about? Click on button at bottom of my blog and see what your missing.

My desk was tidy - not done any crafting on it since I finished off my Mother's Day card last week. However it does have a lot of 'stuff' on it waiting for me to find a place for it all before starting a new project. More of that in the future though - maybe.

My desk





Now to mum. If you have seen my previous post you will know that I spent the weekend with mum. She lives down South. After lunch on Mother's Day we went a walk along front at Sidmouth- there is a photo of her looking at the sea in previous post.
Tonight she is recovering from an operation to remove her appendix. Just cannot believe it. I came home on Monday evening from visiting her. On Tuesday pm I rang her on spur of moment to say hello ( I know she really misses us when we leave) she sounded awful and said she was going to bed had terrible pains. She had told my sis not to go over she would be fine. Got in touch with my sis and she said she was going anyway and was going to get in touch with her GP. After a bit of discussion with GP he agreed to pay home visit. She had raging temp was not 'with it' and in a lot of pain. GP called ambulance and they took her to hospital. She was breathless and heart was racing so had oxygen, put on heart monitor and given morphine. This morning they put her on theatre list. She didn't go down until earlier this evening. She had her appendix removed and is in recovery and they were monitoring her heart. Surprise that a lady of 82 had appendicitis apparently it's most unusual!!!

Just hope she makes a full recovery.
Anne x

18 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That's quite the story there. Isn't that something how a person can go to perfectly find one moment and terribly ill the next. She's lucky it didn't burst on her. And isn't that just like a mum to say don't come-don't bother. I'm glad you and your sister didn't listen. And since WOYWW is about desks, yours is ready for the next project whenever that comes about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness what a lot to worry about! I had mine out oooooooooooooooh? in my late twenties, it came...in the 9th month of my first pregnancy and returned when my second daughter was 7 months, each time I was told it was indigestion! It was sooo bad the second time they thought maybe it wasn't!! Hope your mum feels a lot better by now, my only tip is to get up as soon as she possibly can (unless of course she's told not to !) then in that case make sure every one does everything for her! Have a crafty day sometime this week!! Happy woyww
    ((lyn)) #20....I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O Anne that must have been a shock for you, Your poor Mum, I hope she recovers quickly, Thank goodness your sister went round... Bless her, Take care Hugs May x x x No9

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Anne! I am so glad your sister went to check on your mum!!!
    I went through similar circumstances with my mom several times. I join you in wishing her well. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for your sweet comments. Have been busying myself on here whilst waiting for my sis to phone. Mum back on the ward. She is ok though still a bit disorientated - not surprising considering what she hs been through. I just wish I was nearer to her. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a shocker about your mum, I'm glad to hear she's doing okay!

    :)#163

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks your for sweet comments on my blog especially since you have been so worried about your mother.

    There are times when Mother Doesn't Know Best. Sure am glad your Sis didn't listen and went by to check on her. Hope she will make a speedy recovery and you will get to visit with her again soon.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Anne what a worrying time for you. Really hope your Mum makes a good speedy recovery from her op.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing your mum a speedy recovery. hugs x
    Sophie no.88

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh crumbs Anne, what a shock. hope your Mum feels loads better today. A stroke of luck that your sister went round! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope things go well for your Mum Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Anne, how awful for her and for you. I hope she makes a speedy recovery. Regards, Anne #66

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Anne, hope your mum is a bit better now, what a shock for you. Thanks for sharing this WOYWW, it's Thursday afternoon now, but I'm still snooping through the list! Take care Zo xx 22

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear about your Mam, glad your sister went round and she's over the worst x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone for your good wishes. Mum has managed to hobble to bathroom but has been breathless again so on oxygen. However I don't think staff are too worried about her. my sister updates me every so often so that is good. Trying to work out when will be best to go and see her. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Anne, talk about highs and lows, I read your Mothers Day post and marvelled at how fit your Mum is! I send nothing but strength and gentle get well wishes...it will take some time, post operatively, our oldies need much more time. And a small prayer of Thanks that you decided to give her a ring when you did. No wonder you needed to craft some cards to keep your mind occupied - they are lovely, hope the 'session' did the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Firstly HUGE hugs as you wait for news about your mom ... the waiting is just awful, isn't it? My crafting and sewing has gotten me through some really tough times! I LovE working on a large cross-stitching project and sometimes I don't want the sewing part ever to end ... I do them because I love putting little crosses onto fabric and not necessarily seeing them hung! Hope your mom is ok. Love Debbie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Anne, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum I do hope she's now on the road to recovery. Hope your crafting is occupying your mind a little. x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...